“theBerlinexperts.com-Jeremy Minsberg”

The Berlin Experts- Walking Tours
Ranked #12 of 388 Tours in Berlin
More attraction details
Owner description: Offers daily in-depth walking tours of Berlin's architecture, history, and culture. All tours include some history as well as other tidbits of trivia not commonly known. Especially popular is the Deconstruction/Construction Tour which provides an offbeat perspective of contemporary Berlin. They also offer special tours for cruise ship passengers.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Does not get any better than this. We have traveled to many countries-often with private guides. Jeremy provided a multi-faceted perspective of Berlin-German, Jewish, and American. He is most knowledgable and worldly and sensitive in his insights. We thoroughly and efficiently experienced Berlin. He is the Real Deal- everything Jeremy represented was so.

1  Thank joefox3

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We (four of us) spent 5 hours with Jeremy and a driver on a cold, gray Berlin day, which was fitting to the subject matter of examining the difficult subject of Berlin's 20th century history. Having the driver allowed us to cover a large area with little wasted time and we visited many well-known, as well as some less known and more anectodal sites. Jeremy's knowledge, communication skills and picture/ipad video resources proved extremely helpful. A truly meaningful experience.

1  Thank RossAvenue
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was lucky enough to spend the day having Jeremy Minsberg share his unique perspective on Berlin with me on my last visit to Berlin. I left with such a wealth of new knowledge and insight that I felt this was the best money I could spend on my trip.
Jeremy's perspective as a Jewish, American living in Berlin gives him a unique qualification to talk and show you Berlin through his eyes. He is knowledgeable and smart, yet he never talks down to you. He really works at finding your level of understanding and going there with you. We covered it all - history, architecture, culture, modern Berlin and thoughts and ideas.
Our five hours just flew by. We took the bus, the subway and we walked. It was comfortable with a few stops for a sandwich and a coffee.
I can't recommend that when you are in Berlin you contact Jeremy and have him show Berlin from his 12 years of living here and the changes he has seen and the Berlin he has discovered. It's money well spent and you will leave Berlin with a new understanding and knowledge of this fascinating city. I can't think of a more interesting or more fun person to see it with than with Jeremy.

1  Thank James S
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Jessica, the Walking Tour Guide gave a very good explanation of many of the historical sites that one expected to see in Berlin. The weather was dry but very cold but the quality of the explanations made us forget how cold we were.

It is getting harder to determine what was formerly East and West Berlin so having a guide to explain where the wall was and the significance of various buildings and squares was very useful to allow us to get our bearings for further walks we did on our own.

I would recommend such a walking tour to get a good introduction to this fascinating city.

1  Thank Keith D
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I was in Berlin to attend a conference and had exactly one day on my own. I wanted to make the most of it and found out about Jeremy. My co-presenter flew in the morning of the tour and he came along with me. I cannot think of enough superlatives to convey to you what a wonderful, fascinating, informative, fun etc etc etc tour this was. Jeremy paced the day well, stopping to sit and show us movies or pictures regarding the history of Berlin at just the moment our feet were tired and we needed a break. I was primarily interested in the history of Berlin and Jeremy not only told us a great deal about what we were seeing, he piqued my interest enough that I continued reading once I returned home. He went indepth, not just relaying facts and figures, but context as well. It was far from being dry, however. Jeremy was an engaging companion and we had fun. My title review says it all. I would go on another tour with Jeremy in a minute. It is well worth it.

1  Thank Toucan22