“worth it”

Alternative Berlin Tours
Ranked #2 of 668 Nightlife in Berlin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Unique tours of Berlin´s local, alternative, nightlife, street art & graffiti scenes with the original creators of the Alternative Berlin tour concept. We show you the unusual places, people and local neighborhoods you might not discover by yourself. We offer authentic local experiences with terrific guides connected to the scenes in a safe and respectful way. Tours & Activities we offer : Real Berlin Experience tour, Free Alternative Berlin tour , Street art workshop , Street Art Tour, Alternative Nightlife Tour , Beer tour, Green Tour Student tours & private tailored tours.So be adventurous and experience Alternative Berlin with us!
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had Trish as our guide. she had a lot of knowledge and seemed very passionate. thanks for showing us a great day of sights we would never think to visit. I now notice every piece of street art i pass.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,789)
All reviews
"interesting stories"
in 50 reviews
"three hours"
in 40 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 40 reviews
in 288 reviews
"workshop"
in 144 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We did a free tour and an twilight tour so I'll kind of split the review in two.
Free tour: our guide was Ben. He was nice and gave us fun and quirky info about Berlin becoming what it is and Berlin life today. We've seen some great street art, great places and heard many interesting stories. This is a great way to get to know the other side of Berlin (for many of us this is it's main side :)) and I'd recommend this tour to all people coming to Berlin for the first time or getting to know this side of Berlin for the first time but I don't think it would be thrilling enough to people much into street art or knowing alternative Berlin.
Twilight tour: our guide was Liam and he was great - very friendly, easy going and relaxed. He had may stories to tell, many interesting things to show ( among other things: vietnamese "shopping center", abandoned train wagon in the middle of some bushes, roof of an abandoned factory, bars...). The group was small - only 10 of us which made it very relaxed. We liked the tour very much and had a great time.
I also recommended them to friends and I'm planning to do some other tours next time I'm in Berlin :).

Reviewed July 23, 2013

we booked the graffiti tour and our tourguide was Rob, he was brilliant and we had a wicked time (we were the hen do) definitely recommend!!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I visited an Alternative Berlin tour yesterday and I'm very happy that I did it. I wanted to know Berlin from unofficial side - and I got it. The guide, whose name was Bart, knows pretty much about all the stuff connected to alternative cultures and lifestyles that you may be curious about - both about effects, such as particular pieces of graffitti, and context, such as legal issues, percentages of unemployment etc. The tour oriented me in Berlin that I'm interested in and now I know much more about where I can go and what I can explore here. Thank you, Bart!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was our introduction to berlin. We landed a few hours earlier and decide to do this street art tour as a way to see the city and find interesting and off the touristy path. Our tour guide was Bart who was informative, interesting, funny, and had some great stories to tell. This was exactly the tour we needed to see what today's Berlin is really about.

We found ourselves seeing very interesting pieces and got interesting tidbits about some of the artist by Bart. We saw small pieces and entire sides of buildings covered. There was even a stop at a monster art gallery that was very cool. We finished the tour on the beach at YAAM. YAAM was a Great Way to finish the tour. It's a community center that has art, sport, shops, and great food. It has a carribean feel and it is a great cause and a staple in the community, that I hope is allowed to remain.

My girlfriend and I went on this tour July 11 and recommend to all.

Thank you Bart. And for god sakes, tip the man, he does a great job and deserves it!