“Amazing hotel!!”

easyHotel Berlin Hackescher Markt
Ranked #24 of 355 Specialty Lodging in Berlin
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 5 days. Not only was the price phenomenal , but the room was fantastic! It was perfect for us and you buy wifi for €15 for 5 days and it's such a great connection. They also have parking for a very good price so you can park anywhere with their ticket on the dash. Every single staff member that worked there was more then just accommodating but happy and kind. We don't know any German but they spoke English extremely well and every time we asked for assistance (which was every day) in where we go, food places, shopping, anything they were so helpful to let us know with a smile! They called places to check if they were open for us (we stayed over Easter weekend) We had bad luck with our next place cancelling the day before our arrival and thy let us use the phone and one of the staff even have us advice and offered to call for us as she spoke Italian!! Which was so generous and sweet especially given my state of stress!! I cannot rave enough regarding this hotel!
Rooms are clean and ours was a very good size for 2 people , you don't want more than a comfy bed and bathroom really when you are in berlin and they had pay TV as well ( we didn't get it as not many channels in English for our liking) I would give this hotel a 5star for everything and thank the staff so much for making berlin such a phenomenal experience!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Seesaw1988
There are newer reviews for easyHotel Berlin Hackescher Markt

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I stayed for three nights at the Hackescher Markt Hotel. The location is second to none being adjacent to the Hackescher train station and in the centre of the relaxed bohemian part of Mitte within walking distance of the multiple attractions that Berlin has to offer.
The Hotel staff were all very pleasant and helpful. Rooms are very small but very clean. Be aware that there are no twin rooms. All rooms have double beds only. The hotel failed to inform me of this despite the fact that I had specifically requested a twin room when booking.
You may want to request a room at the back of the building. There is a tram depot outside the front door of the hotel and a building site employing pneumatic drills on the site next door. If you are noise sensitive, this is probably not the hotel for you. A very economical hotel, clean and in a second to none location.

Room Tip: Quieter at the back. No twin rooms available.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a week last month and thought it was a very decent all round choice. It’s a chain easyHotel so there’s not much character to the rooms, no breakfast or kitchen area – a sort of hybrid between a hostel and a hotel. No room service either but the price, cleanliness, super comfy bed, central location and friendly staff more than made up for that. Extra charges included room service, TV remote, luggage storage and the internet so you can pay as little or as much as suits you for extra amenities. The surrounding area was just fantastic with dozens of bakeries, cafes, restaurants and bars on the doorstep so you were spoilt for choice for eating and nightlife. A crossroads for several tram lines and an underground station were right outside the door so you could get anywhere quickly on Berlin’s outstanding public transport system. I really enjoyed my stay here – felt it was the perfect balance between a hostel and a hotel and I had got real value for money. Might not suit everyone but on my next Berlin visit, I’ll be checking their availability before anyone else’s.

Room Tip: One at the back
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank BogsideBunny
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Pros:
Train station is right around the corner, tram also available right in front of the door. number of restaurants nearby. Walking distance (about15-25mins) to Posdamar Plaz. Room is very clean, you can definitely feel the sheet and towel are so clean and white. All-in-one liquid soap also provided.

Cons:
I am familiar with living in small rooms, especially in asian countries, but this room is unbelievably tiny. When I opened the door, it's a narrow hallway, with not more then 3 steps you could jump into the bed. For sure, you cannot bring large suitcase but only a hand carry one, if not you can't pack your stuff. Besides, the bathroom door is common use for shower as well, which means the shower area is right behind the bathroom door and the sink is in the middle of it. I would suggest not to take this hotel if you are not couple or you are too fat, it's hard to turn around and no privacy within the room. Hanging space not enough, maybe I got too much jackets when traveling winter time, but there was only 2 hangers fixed on the wall, no more. Where to put the jackets and scarfs? Also, no extra lock on the main door, felt a bit unsafe.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank goolubb
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The room is small. The double bed filled 50% of our space, the toilet/sink/shower took up 25%, leaving the remaining 4-feet-wide space for luggage and moving around. "You are lucky! You got a 'big' room," we were told by the front desk, "you can keep your luggage with you instead of storing them."

I really felt lucky--no sarcasm. I liked the room despite its limitations. Disclaimer: I am an interior designer; efficiently utilizing space is of a particular interest to me. The use of partially frosted glass partition for the shower was a good solution to share daylight and to create illusion of a bigger space than there was. The lavatory was too cramped for the sink and faucet to work well. But it worked and it was clean. I also grew up in Asia and have a higher tolerance for tight spaces than, say, my husband who is American and of slightly bigger built. He thought the room was ridiculously small but agreed that, for the money, it's OK. Our interests were of the city out there, so the minimalist room was fine with us.

The bed was comfortable.

The staff was nice and helpful.

The location was lovely. Great neighborhood. Plenty of restaurants nearby. It was easy to get on public transportation. There's a laundromat a couple of blocks away where one could do laundry, have a coffee, and surf with free wifi.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Really small bedroom, no place for luggages, just the space for the bed. Cleanings (bathroom and room) are every 5 days! The hotel is central in a perfect position. There are a lot of ethnic restaurants near the hotel and also a cinema.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The rooms are so small they could be cupboards. I kept hitting my arms and legs on things because it's so crammed. Nowhere to keep clothes except the bed and two coat hangers. Cleaning and new towels costs extra. The bathroom walls are glass so are therefore transparent. Seriously... go find a nicer hotel. Even a hostel would be better than this.

Room Tip: Don't stay at easyhotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo