“Nice clean central hotel.”

Hotel Gat Point Charlie
Ranked #74 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, clean rooms, fresh new towels and nice breakfast. I would recommend upgrading to a suite for an extra 30€ per night. Rooms hot but you can get an extra fan. Close to good shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2013
Gat_Point_Charlie, Gerente at Hotel Gat Point Charlie, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Madam/Sir,

I would like to thank you for your comments posted.

Jose Mª Sanchez-Harguindey

Write a ReviewReviews (1,932)

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Yes, this hotel is definitely in a great location - and you can use Check Point Charlie as a beacon to find your way back after a days sightseeing. The rooms are very clean, the staff friendly, the 10 euro breakfast is extremely good value - the staff were very helpful in getting me some gluten free bread.
But the lack of air conditioning was a real problem when we stayed for 3 nights in early July. It was very hot and stuffy in the room. We were unable to have the window and curtain wide open as we were opposite a window by the lifts - which meant anyone waiting for the lift could look right into our room!
We also did not have any tea and coffee making facilities or fridge but I notice from another review that some rooms do have these facilities.
I would stay again, for the location and service, but would be particular about which room I booked and definitely not during the hotter summer months!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Madam,

Thank your very much for your comments posted. As you mentioned it was particularly hot at the end of July, it was unusual in the city.
The minibar and kettle for coffee and tea are just in our Junior Suites, all of them have these facilities.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

A very good choice for a short stay of two to four days in Berlin. It is a clean and modern place to stay in a brilliant location if you are keen on Berlin Wall history. Checkpoint Charlie, a comprehensive display of "wall history", an excellent Stasi Museum and the not-to-be-missed "Topography of Terror" are all within walking distance (within 1km from hotel). To get there from the main train station (Hauptbahnhof) just head out the door and jump on bus 147 then get off at "Stadt Mitte" - about a 15 minute ride. The hotel is just around the corner.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NicmC23

Dear Madam/Sir,

I would like just to thank you for all your kind comments about your stay with us.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to visit us again

Reviewed July 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited Berlin last summer and stayed here for a portion of our trip. The rooms are a bit on the small side, but what do you expect for Berlin. Clean sheets every day, extremely friendly staff, unbeatable location, and really nice rooms. For the price and location alone, this hotel can't be beat. As for any hotel in Berlin, there is no air-conditioning, so having a window open is a must. We did not have any meals at the hotel because we wanted to get out and explore the city, but one extremely rainy night the concierge recommended a great little Italian place next door which was delicious. Just a couple blocks away is Kamps Backstube which is AMAZING and perfect for a quick bite at a reasonable price. We had drinks in the hotel bar one night which were out of this world expensive, but the bartender was so friendly and ended up helping us plan our outtings for the rest of our trip with some local guidance. Highly recommend! Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your comments abut your stay.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in early July. I was thoroughly disappointed having read all of the great reviews. The rooms were okay in size and the hotel had a great location. The room that i stayed in seemed fine for the first night, then things started to not work. Electrical plugs were not working, wifi was not working. It was in Summer and outside was about 30 degrees, inside the room was much hotter as there is no air conditioning and the window didn't open up wide enough to let a cool air flow through. The light above the bed in our room would not work properly after the first night. It continued to flicker on and off, dimming by itself and turning on bright in the middle of the night waking both my partner and I up. We rang and spoke to the front desk and was told that our only solution was to take our room card out of the electricity slot. This meant that our phones, cameras and computers were not able to charge overnight ready for use the next day.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ashleigh J

Dear Sir,

I can just say sorry for everything, I undestand your comments. As you mentioned the hotel does not have A/A and due to the comments of our guests we will try to sort this problem out. The problems with your lights are wierd at least, I am sorry for them, I do not know if we fixed them the day after.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This very clean and friendly hotel is awesome. Wifi works perfectly, staff is happy and helpful, breakfast is very good and it feels very safe. Only (tiny) complaint is about the small room, but then again, I'm not in Berlin to sleep.

Very good experience we had there, and I would love to come back.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you very much for your comments, please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to visit us again, I would be pleased to assign you our best room available.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was a very nice hotel located in a GREAT location which was really important for us. You could walk to most places in the city in a maximum of 15 minutes and take a close subway to other locations. The rooms were very clean with a modern design. The only negative thing I would say is the lack of air conditioning but it really wasn't too bad, it just would have been more comfortable in July with it. You had to pay for the breakfast so instead we opted to go to the supermarket and make our own little breakfast. There were also plenty of coffee shops and cafes within a 5 minute walk that you could go to.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Madam,

I would like just to thank you for your comments about your stay, I am sorry for the inconveniences caused due to the A/A.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to visit us again