Hotel Adelante Berlin-Mitte
Hotel 38(Berlin)
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewssmall hotelgreat locationquiet streetoranienburger torequipped bathroomgreat showernice bars and restaurantslovely hotelgood sizemuseum islandmajor attractionswithin walking distanceminute walkpublic transitloved this hotelnice breakfastbeds were very comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Hotel Adelante is a good value for the price. in the heart of Mitte, you will find all needs nearby or a short walk away - mini market, coffee houses, restaurants, public transport. You can find cheaper room but here you get more and do not have to worry about being disappointed. Very clean, Quite, (on a street that is not so busy), a comfy bed, ample space, tastefully decorated, with all amenities - free internet, tv, hot water maker, hair dryer, clothing iron, mini refrigerator, digital locking safe.
We received friendly help for all of our tourist questions and needs.
I stay here again if ever I want to be in Mitte, Berlin.

Room Tip: rooms at the back are the best.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JohnnyGoes
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My friend and I did a mini Europe trip last week and stayed at Adelante for our stop in Berlin. We were beyond pleased with this hotel; from the staff, to the space, breakfast, location, and cleanliness we could seriously have not asked for more. The hotel is situated in the perfect location and only a five minute walk from the S bahn. Ask Jost for restaurant or excursion recommendations and he will provide. Berlin is an incredible city and Adelante is the perfect place to stay for your travels there!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alexa K
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is a very nice and quite hotel in the Mitte area.mif you are after no fancy hotel but still wants to enjoy quality sleeping and service this is your place.
Staff is very helpful and nice (although night shift employees do not speak proper English). Nice,clean and big enough rooms + good inexpensive breakfast.
However,you could easily pay less in Berlin and get similar room quality. Charging €130/night is somewhat high for Berlin standards even over the weekend. In house services (laundry )are also too expensive.
Yet, overall this is a very good place to stay if choosing the Mitte.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I spent 8 nights here mainly to attend a conference (but I also had a few spare days to see some sights) and my sister joined me for the last few days. Before I even arrived the manager Josh managed to combine my two separate bookings so that I didn't have to change rooms during the stay.

The location: Berlin Mitte, right near several different train station stops (O. Tor, O. Str, Nordbahnhof) as well as tram stops. This was very convenient as I relied on trains to get to the conference centre, and being so close to several stops and lines meant that it was always easy to get places. It is in a quiet residential street, close to several supermarkets and other convenience stores (also very handy). It was within walking distance to restaurants and shops on Friedrichstrasse, Oranienburger Strasse and Rosenthaler Platz.

The hotel: the manager Josh was very friendly and helpful - he even photocopied some instructions for me when I was looking for directions to Hohenschonhausen! I always found the reception staff helpful and pleasant, even at night when I arrived back late after post-conference dinners. The motion-sensor lights in the hallways were a bonus! I did not make use of hotel facilities such as breakfast or bike rental. There is also a nice cafe right on the corner of the street.

The room: spacious and luxurious with window views of the street below. There was even room for a sofa and small coffee table as well as a working desk - extremely convenient for a conference and for laying out documents. There was cupboard storage and an in-room safe. Free lollipops on the bed on arrival! Note that there were no English language channels on the TV. Plenty of powerpoints for recharging devices. Free wifi was excellent (but you have to get new login/password every 72 hours). There was heating/airconditioning available.

The bathroom: brand new and sparkling with a rainwater showerhead. The shower recess was enormous! Curiously the bathroom door didn't stay open so I had to use the bin to keep the door open when not in use. The only 'negative' was that the soap was never replenished during my entire stay.

I thought this hotel was a fantastic little gem and I wished my stay in Berlin was longer! I would definitely come here again and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to others!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a street view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TashfromMelb
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We - a grown-up couple, stayed in this hotel for a week in April 2013, and really enjoyed the stay! The room was spacious, very well cleaned, the bathroom seemed to have been upgraded just very recently and the beds were very comfortable. When you stay a week this is really important, but they were of a high standard. The staff is very friendly and you really feel you are in a family owned hotel and not in one of the big chain hotels. Breakfast was delicious with a lot of good stuff for different tasts, and at a fair price. The location is also great since you are in Mitte which is close to everything. We rented bikes from the hotel and went all over town with no problems. Traffic is quite easy and gentle, and going around was absolutely no problem. When we come back next time, I hope we find a room at hotel Adelante!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple