Open today: Closed

from $115.87
from $22.07
from $115.87
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our guide was a very friendly and knowledgeable student of European History with a perfectly understandable English accent.
He spent the time on the train giving us a very clear overview of the WW2 in such a simple way that made it easy to understand the political process behind the concentration camps.
The respect for the memory of the fallen with which he walked us around the camp really impressed me and I felt I was visiting that place with the right person.
It is an experience I valued a lot and I am grateful I bought this tour.

Only a small note: the booking systems says the tour is in Italian which wasn't actually true.

Date of experience: January 2020
1  Thank fstf89
Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

We had a memorial tour of Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp with Paul.

Paul made it interesting personal and enjoyable despite the somber subject matter.

We told him that the group (4 of us) were all Jehovah’s Witnesses and he pointed out everything that related to our interest in the site and made additional effort to find out extra information.

He was tactful and careful in telling us about the terrible things that happened but never avoided discussing the details when he needed to.

Paul is extremely knowledgable and friendly, you could not hope for a better tour guide.

1  Thank Ndjdear
Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

We had a fascinating and educational visit to Sachsenhausen concentration camp thanks to our awesome guide, Paul.
He was so friendly and helpful. Giving us a very well rounded and Interesting visit. His knowledge and the extra stories regarding the camp and the holocaust, has really left an impression on us that we will not forget.
Would recommended this tour 100%!!!!!!!

2  Thank EdDaley
Reviewed January 8, 2020

I had a private tour to Sachsenhausen with a wonderful tour guide Paul in December. I was the only person booked in for the tour that day and I was most impressed that the tour still went ahead as it costs a lot more for a private tour. Thank you Paul for organising my train ticket and helping with the translation when buying lunch. Paul had great knowledge and was full of enthusiasm . I would highly recommend this tour. Thanks again.
Deb, Melbourne, Australia

Date of experience: December 2019
1  Thank KeenIrishTraveller12
Reviewed January 2, 2020 via mobile

Our guide, Paul, led a fantastic, yet somber and reflective tour to the camp. Our high school aged son said it was the highlight of the entire vacation.
Paul was very knowledgeable of the history of the era and the camp. I, personally, have little historical context save for that taught in high school or shown in films, and this tour inspired me to read much more about the camp and the era.
We highly recommend Birchys.

1  Thank KMYEBJ