“Excellent hotel with perfect service”

COSMO Hotel Berlin Mitte
Ranked #64 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Very nice hotel with top of the line service. We loved our room and the bed was comfortable, the rooms are all soundproof and it was quiet during nights. Good location close to everything and with the subway just across the street. We will stay there again.

Room Tip: All beds are great and the staff is very service minded. WiFi costs 6,5€ per day.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter226

Reviewed March 7, 2014

The hotel is in a very good location, opposite U2 underground station and only take me less than 30minutes to ICC Messe Berlin (convention centre). With the U2 line, I can technically go everywhere very easily. And what I like very much is, it is not on the busiest street (so it is quiet and nice) but I can walk to a few key attractions close-by.

The hotel itself is hip in design. The room is spacious and the bed is big and mattress heavenly. Staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast has good selection and if they have smoked salmon in the cold cut section (since I do not eat meat but fish okay), it will make my day. As you can see from the title if my review, if they can offer free in-room WiFi (now EUR6.50 for 24 hours), it will be a perfect stay. They do offer free WiFi at the lobby level but nowadays, for this type of hotel, I would prefer them to increase the room rate by EUR5 but in-room WiFi included for the convenience.

Room Tip: Sign up with the free Design Hotel membership and you may get a free room upgrade
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Mitte area is really the only place to stay in Berlin. Central to everything, there are beautiful buildings and quiet streets about. With 70% of Berlin destroyed in WW2 it is inevitable that the scars remain despite modernisation and replacements. The city remains fragmented with modern building hugging old buildings; while there is physical continuity I felt something was lacking. This was less obvious in parts of Mitte. Having said all of that, it still is an intriguing place to visit and I visited some lovely restaurants and locations. I also thoroughly enjoyed the Third Reich walking tour conducted by the irrepressible ex British Army major, Nigel Dunkley, of Insider Tour, which I am reviewing separately. Supposedly of four hour duration, that rapidly became six hours; not to be missed.
The hotel was excellent; architecturally very modern but pleasing. Room and bed and facilities were excellent; spotless throughout. Highly recommended. The staff were unbelievably friendly and helpful; a delight to behold. One issue though; the gentleman behind the bar was unhelpful and rude. I grudgingly was given one drink on the first night after first being questioned if I was just having one; on my last night I arrived in at 11.10 pm, the only customer in the bar. Got my drink but when I sought another one at 11.30 I was smartly told that the bar was closed. When I stated that I was a guest in the hotel, I was told the bar was closed to everyone. I considered the gentleman to be surly, abrupt, rude, dismissive and had absolutely no inter-personal skills whatsoever. I am sorry to have to state this but I was furious at the way I was treated. It would not deter me, however, from returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank James Patrick B
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Though the location is not perfect in that it is on a busy street a bit away from the charm of Berlin, the friendly and helpful staff, great service, and perfectly laid out hotel rooms more than make up for it. Though most sights are a nice walk away there is a u-bahn stop across the street if you want to go further afield. The front desk happily answered countless questions for us, and the lobby bar was a perfect spot to have a glass of wine after a long day sightseeing. Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are spacious with great windows.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We were allocated a corner room on the 7th floor (707) and we really cannot fault it at all. The room is spacious, well decorated, well presented and immaculately clean. The views were fantastic also.
The bed is so comfortable (and huge!). We really did not want to get out of it in the morning.
The shower was also fantastic, although we found the temperature somewhat lower when we showered in the evenings however mornings and later night time were perfect.

The location is so handy to everywhere. We got the RB14 from Schoenfeld airport to Alexander Platz and then the U2 to Spittlemarkt (take the tube heading to Rheublen and go 3 stops). When you walk up the steps of Spittlemarkt you will see the hotel to your right on the corner.
I really cannot rate this hotel highly enough. Every member of staff we met were courteous, friendly and willing to help with any query we had. If we ever return to Berlin we will return to the COSMO without a doubt.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bev C
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I have stayed here 3 times now and each time have been very impressed with the hotel. The staff are helpful, nothing seems like too much trouble and when they promise something it happens! I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The Cosmo Mitte is a stylish hotel with a good location. We were lucky to be given a corner room on the top floor which gave great views out across the city from every direction. The bed was really comfortable although the only downside was that they provided two single duvets as opposed to one double duvet. The area that the hotel was located in seemed quiet at night but the U-bahn was opposite the hotel and very easy to navigate. It was easy to get to Oranienbergerstrasse from the hotel which was a lot more lively and from there, we then enjoyed a nightcap in the hotel bar. All the staff were very friendly and the bar, although small, was stylish and well-equipped to serve a good range of drinks.

Room Tip: We didn't request any particular room but were allocated room 806 on arrival. This is a corner...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple