“Excellent Vietnamese food”

Monsieur Vuong
Ranked #50 of 8,291 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Mitte
Description: Inspired by Vietnamese cookshops, MONSIEUR VUONG offers you freshly cooked vietnamese dishes from the south of the country and the tropical gardens of the Mekong Delta. Savour the appealing aromas of lemongrass, curry, exotic herbs or roasted sesame.
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent Vietnamese food”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We were fortunate to have this restaurant recommended to us. It was lively, inexpensive fresh vietnamese food. Staff very friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed it would have gone again if it was not our last night.

Visited October 2012

• Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
“Great Viet in Berlin, hype lives up to promise!”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is the best Vietnamese I have had in Berlin* because: Monsieur Vuong is the proliferation of creativity under constraints. Vietnamese restaurants are not going to taste authentic by the pure fact of being in Germany, so instead of creating diluted dishes as many restaurants do here, why not take liberty and turn it into a positive- create new concept / modern Vietnamese cuisine.

(*withstanding my pending visit to Kanstrasse in Wilmersdorf to try Minh Trang.. can't wait!). I have tried Hamy's, I have tried many other viet stops in Berlin which were all... ok (usually it's some strange fusion of 'thai' and 'vietnamese', and usually they are missing all the core vietnamese dishes one would expect to order).

I come from Los Angeles and New York, and my family came from Vietnam- I typically eat Vietnamese a few times a week, and I was very impressed by the dishes we ordered at Monsieur Vuong.

-Cha Gio fried spring roll blew me out of the water. Shrimps batter fried in shrimp chip mix (I've never had this combination before!)- when combined with dipping sauce = heaven.

-I tried the two soups on their menu: Chicken Pho, and the Camh Niem (think i got the spelling wrong). Yes these are modified flavors, but I like that they tasted cleaner, and the vegetables were more pure/modern choices but just as tasty.

-Pho broth was good salty/savory flavor, and I was very impressed they used southern Chinese style chicken (tender, rubbery, with a specific taste I can't describe).
-Camh Niem (or whatever it's called) was a glass noodle sweeter/savory soup with tofu and vegetables.

Both were large bowls, and one is quite filling for a person.

Perhaps they change their menu a lot (cause there are a lot of mixed reviews).. I admit I was hesitant to come here after having read that it was such a frequently recommended place and even a tourist trap. Rather, perhaps this is The Meatball Shop of Berlin!!

Great decor and food for the price range (our bill for two was 12 € / person), and a good destination dinner venue.. good place to take someone out to. Berliners are lucky- if only we had this in New York!!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Chuubie
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Food - hard to find in Berlin”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is an excellent restaurant. The ingredients are fresh and the food is delicious and very reasonably priced. It is in a cool Berlin neighborhood - easy to get to by public transportation. Modern decor with interesting colors and indoor and outdoor seating. Clearly enjoyed by a cross section of people - friends, young couples, families, gay men and women. The servers spoke English and were helpful and efficient. I highly recommend Monsieur Vuong.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank wesleyward
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Daily based menu- u never know what surprise u gonna get. We enjoyed a lot. The waitress was very kind and smilie

1 Thank Gilev
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Nice place, but not as good as its rank”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Party of 4. Tasted most of the (short) menu. Most of the dish was nice, but not as good as we've anticipated for a place ranked #21 out of 4000. Service was below average. Place also did not feel very clean. Dinner was inexpensive, so you get value for money, but not more than that.

• Visited October 2012