“Disappointing”

Ranked #778 of 8,663 Restaurants in Berlin
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Coffee was okay. Quiche was nice. But for 7 euros, it was really small. Took up less than half the plate and there was more salad than quiche. Atmosphere isn't too bad. But overall quite disappointing

There are newer reviews for Quchnia

Reviewed November 3, 2013

It's just a chill place to have a coffee, cake or light snack. They allow you to linger, and all the customers seem to be German. Nonetheless, they were quite hospitable to me though I don't speak the language. The prices are quite reasonable and food is good. The only problem is that sometimes it's difficult to find a seat.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We ate lunch here on the Sunday after a lovely weekend in Berlin before we had to leave for the airport. Inside has nice sofas and seating but we sat outside. We all had club sandwiches which were lovely. The place also does quiches and lovely looking cakes. We were tempted with cheesecake as it looked so good but couldn't fit it in. The day was a bit windy and they had left blankets on the chairs outside which were very handy for wrapping around our legs. Staff were all very friendly and more than happy to translate the menu which unfortunately were only in English on the door entrance and not on the typed menus. Good place to watch people going past.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We ate lunch outside with a group of 5 people, on a sunny day. The menu has a lot of variety and is original. I ate a grilled sandwich with salad and cheese. The other 4 all ate a different quiche. We all loved it. The waiters were very friendly and professional. From the terrace you can watch the Berlin Dom and the Gendarmenmarkt - beautiful. Price was ok, too. Certainly go there if you are looking for an excellent bite around lunch time.

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Quchnia offers very good breakfast and lunch foods in a super location. If the weather is good and you can sit outside, you have great view of the Gendarmenmarkt. But the abiente inside is also very nice. The collection of DVDs of East German movies is funny.
The food is super. I had the daily special soup twice, noth times excellent. I also had Quiche (three differen tcombinations every day) - cauliflower, goatscheese and chickpeas, which was deliciois as well as a large slice of fresh, dark, German bread with one of their homemade spreads. I'm sure the rest of the food is also top notch.
I know, I will come back.