“Amazingly cheap but THE BEST EVER!”

Grand Hostel Berlin
Ranked #6 of 359 Specialty Lodging in Berlin
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Amazing hostel! I have stayed in a lot of hostels before but I can truly say: THIS IS ONE OF THE TOP 3, PROBABLY NO 1!

- Staff was super nice and friendy, very helpful.
- Everything was clean and tidy, almost like in a hotel.
- Great rooms, great facilities, NO BUNK BEDS!
- Great location in the heart of beautiful Kreuzberg.
- Soooo amazingly cheap!
- Great breakfast/lunch place run by the hostel called Grandwich Bar just round the corner.
- So many great people there from all over the world. So even though it feels kinda like a hotel it's still got the atmosphere of a hostel.

That's pretty much it. The only thing is that they don't have Berliner Pilsner or Berliner Kindl beer in the (great) hostel bar.

Looking forward to my next visit!

Room Tip: I booked a 5 bed shared dorm and it was great. I guess all rooms are just great though.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed November 13, 2012

It was the most pleasant stay at the Grand Hostel Berlin.
I went there with my friend in October 2012.
The staff are young, really cool, welcoming, helpful.
We loved everything about it.
They gave us a map & told us about the best places to visit.
They took us out to a really nice pub where we spent the time of our life.
You have to take drinks with everyone in the lobby before going out.
Felt like home with all my friends.
I really miss that place :)

Room Tip: Any room will do the work
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Just got back from Berlin a couple of days ago - my fourth trip all in all and every time, I've stayed at The Grand Hostel. It's exceptional value for money and the staff are all awesome and very welcoming. The location is spot on too with it being sat on U1, the main strip for all your nightlife needs. It's located in Kreuzberg itself which also has some great nightlife and many shops, bars, eateries etc.

I've seen a few reviews saying it's noisy, but bear in mind it's in the heart of a capital city - it's hardly going to be silent.

Just awesome. Will definitely be staying there next April and June for my next Berlin trips.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Nice hostel with friendly stuff, nice and clean rooms, quiet surroundings. The bar is very cozy with its many books and comfortable sofa.
We recommend it!

There's nothing much to add, so I have trouble producing 200 characters minimun text length. ;-)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My bestmate Jessy and I booked the very day we arrived, and so unfortunately because of priority booking our sacrifice came in the form of 3 room changes in 5 nights. Know what? No worries. From the kind smiles, to the selfless hospitality and ofcourse Morgan the bartender who doubled as partying host, we had the time of our lives! Cheap drinks, Halloween parties, comfy beds, cleanliness reaching every crook and cranny...we basically recommend this to any lost tourist, any assistance you need, you'll receive the help you need! The girl who booked our room was awesome as well as Max, Ben, Morgan and everyone else, all the best you guys, your doing an awesome job!

Room Tip: be organised, dont do it last minute, the conditions arent so clear so you might have to face multip...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Very clean, great location, it doesn't feel like a hostel at all, the staff is very friendly and helpful! I only stayed for 2 nights I wish I could have stayed longer and btw the food next door is delicious.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights with my boyfriend. One of the cleanest places I have stayed at in Europe. Not even one of those "random" hairs or dust bunnies in the corner. They are next to a U Bhan stop and walking to the city center in only about 20 mins.
Good: quiet at night - we were next to the stair well and were never woken up by others, free wi-fi, great bar area downstairs and breakfast place right next door.
Bad: no TV, I even had one in the middle of no-where in Thailand...I like to have it as background noise and for the nights I don't party.
Would stay again!

Room Tip: The people at the front desk don't have tons of info, make sure you do your research. They gave...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends