“No# 1 Hostel”

Grand Hostel Berlin
Ranked #6 of 359 Specialty Lodging in Berlin
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I would highly recommend this hostel to any backpacker traveling through Berlin.. The staff were amazing and the hostel was very comfy and very very clean.. I met a lot of mates in my dorm but I wouldn't recommend relying on meeting people in the bar downstairs. The location was grate only a 5min train ride into the middle of town..

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
joelue, Manager at Grand Hostel Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Thank you sooooo much for your great feedback-put a BIG smile on our face :o) All the best on your travels and we hope to welcome you soon again. Your Grand Hostel Team

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had a great time, we were expecting a double bed but got 2 singles, otherwise everything was clean and we presented. Great little bar, with some fun bar staff. Close to train station so super easy to get into the city and out to the burbs.
Staff gave us great advise on what to do and where to go. Friend stayed in 3&6 bedroom dorms and said they were the best they'd had in Europe!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your great feedback we hope to welcome you here again :o)

Reviewed September 27, 2012

The hostel was really clean and the beds were very comfy! If you're a lone traveller then I wouldn't necessarily stay here as the bar area downstairs isn't very warming, there doesn't seem to be enough incentives to want to go down to the bar and meet new people. The drinks were quite expensive too.
The wi-fi is really quite shoddy also, which was a shame as I now have a high phone bill!!!

Apart from that, it was really nice, I did meet some nice people from my room, but it's more like a hotel than a hostel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed 4 nights and it was great and the personal is very kind and always tries to help you....I would recommend it...Good location 20 minutes from the Brandenburg Thor walking...near U-Bahn U1,U7 (Mockernbrucke) ,U2 Gleisdreieick and U6 Hallesches Tor
Muy buen sitio todo perfectamente acomodado y los chicos de la recepcion son muy atentos y te ayudan en todo.Esta bien ubicado cerca a 4 lineas del U-Bahn asi que moverse es facil.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 18, 2012

It has very good location, friendly staff, impressive breakfast. Room is very secured and comfortable. The environment is quite clean. Price is also attractive. Grand Hostel is one of the best hostel I have ever experienced.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
joelue, Owner at Grand Hostel Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Woooooooooow thank you so much! It is wonderful to receive such great feedback from our guest. We hope to see you here again and wish you the very best on your travels :o)
Your Grand Hostel Team

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Hands down one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at - and I've stayed at hundreds. NO bunk beds! SPACIOUS rooms! The en suite full bathrooms are wonderful! I have stayed at this hostel numerous times - and I will come back next time I am in Berlin.

PERKS:
Great food at their breakfast bar next door.
Great atmosphere in hostel - great community room and bar (quiet and cozy!).
5 minute walk from the Liquidrom (amaaaaazing place!)
Super close to U bahn and S bahn.
Close to Kreuzberg (Kottbusser Tor).

CONS:
none none none!
(if you are a light sleeper, ask for one of the interior courtyard rooms)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

What a wonderful review! Thank you veeeeeeeeery much we are very happy that you have enjoyed your time here and we are looking forward to welcome you once again :o)
All the best and safe travels from your Grand Hostel Team

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I can only be positive about this hostel. The staff was helpful and really kind, the beds were comfortable and the showers were always clean. The pub-crawl was the perfect opportunity to get to know the other guests. Our trip to Berlin wouldn't be so fantastic if we hadn't stayed in this hostel. I can only recommend this hostel and I will certainly come back if I'm visiting Berlin again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you sooooooo much Isabel! We are delighted that you had a good time in our Hostel and we cannot wait to welcome you again here :o) All the best for your travels