“Excellent Service Poor Food!”
Review of Gasthaus Krombach

Gasthaus Krombach
Ranked #103 of 9,108 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: German
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife had great time at the restaurant due to the staff and the atmosphere. The food however, was tasteless. We had both schnitzel with potato salad. The potato salad tasted more like something you would by from Lidl across the street.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,155)

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Gasthaus Krombach was recommended to us by the reception at the nearby Swissotel. It was a very good recommendation indeed! The place itself is just a minute or two's walk off the Ku'Damm, but it's quiet and, at least during our visit, easy to get a table. It feels cosy and welcoming. The menu is full of German classics, old and new. Herring salad to currywurst; it's all good. The schnitzels were my favourite. The portions are very substantial -and the bill? much less than we expected.
The only downside is that if I lived in Berlin, I'd eat there all the time. And I'd be the size of a house.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

This gasthaus is the good place to get acquainted with local cuisine. The set of typical local food is accompanied with local beers, wines and liquors. Portions are large, the food quality is good, the service has nothing to claim.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I thought the atmosphere was typically German and cosy. The owner treated me and my friend very well. We wanted to go to a typical German restaurant and was recommended this place by one of the staff in the hotel we were staying in. The portions of food that came were large and neither of us could finish what was on our plate however the food was on the bland side. It was nice but it was nothing worth writing home about and didn't make me feel like returning again the next time I go to Berlin.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Went on a Thursday night, restaurant was full when we left. Good menu, German food, English speaking staff and English translated menu. Really enjoyed the food. Only complaint was the very slow service, they were busy yes, but should hire more staff. We went to get our own menus for dessert and went to the bar to pay as couldn't get attention for the bill. Overall enjoyed this place.