“Not good!”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Our Hotel recommended and booked a table for us at this Restaurant. We read the comments on Trip Advisor and it seemed a good choice. We ordered the fish soup but were disappointed as the flavour was not exceptional - mainly an overpowering taste of carrots rather than fish!
Our main courses were covered with heavy rich sauces, which didn't really go together at all & were over seasoned - this managed to hide any flavour which the scallops and prawns might have had!
The wine was very expensive and we were charged 6 Euros for a bottle of still water - which incidentally came to the table already opened - so no way of knowing where it came from!
The whole evening was a disappointment - made worse by the DOGS which were sat at table on either side of us! I know we in the UK dont share the Germans love of bringing their animails to a restaurants and feeding them at the table, but the whole evening was spoiled by this fairly disgusting sight as well as the smoking which ended up as ever - wafting over to us from all directions - and yes we were sat outside but it really made for an unpleasant and expensive evening! The waiters didn't help much as they seemed aloof and didn't really seem to care about their customers at all! Wont be going back!

1  Thank scotsgourmet

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Great food for a decent price with the lunch menu. (12€ starter and main dish).
Did no try to order "à la carte", but saw some higher prices.
The place is cosy and decorated with picture of JP Belmondo (french actor).
Do not expect to see real Frenchs there.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Had a lovely late night dinner outside across the street from Hotel Otto, where we stayed for 4 nights. Our waiter was great and made trustworthy recommendations on everything. Believe the hype about the fish soup -- get it and have happy Berlin memories forever. Even the vegetarian was thrilled with the truffle pasta. Really very good.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Going to Germany was my initial agendum when I went to Europe. I need to get a feel of the place in order for me to embrace and get to know my artistic side again. Photography has been my life since and I wanted to hone my skills and talents again in a different place, in a different environment. Upon arriving in Berlin I was too hungry to go to the hotel first so I asked the company driver to take me to one of Germany’s finest restaurants and he dropped me off Berlmondo Restaurant which I mistook to be a coffeeshop. I ordered my now favorite pasta with chicken. Delicious food and the price was really reasonable.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had a Monday lunch here with some business friends and I must say that it was one of the best meals I have had in a long time (well, at least since the previous day at "Vau"). But if you compare the atmospheres, this is kind of a bistro, less formal which is sometimes/often a positive matter.
And the food, the food... Amazing.
The location is a nice stroll (maybe quite a long one but this is so relative) from the KaDeWe department store.
The place was extremely busy that day but the service was attentive and personal.
Warmly recommended.