“GREAT quality on döner meat, but below par sauce”
Review of Hasir Restaurant

Hasir Restaurant
Ranked #1,589 of 8,662 Restaurants in Berlin
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Schoneberg
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The quality of the döner meat here is probably the best in town. It do not have that manufactured pressed feel at all. Instead you get treated to meat that feels and tastes like grilled thin slices of real non processed meat.

Unfortunately they use tons of dill in all their three dressings here, and I hate dill, especially on kebab. If there garlic dressing had a stronger taste of garlic and less of dill I would come here all the time.

There are newer reviews for Hasir Restaurant

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic Turkish fare. Try the sliced and fried aubergine for a starter(not the mashed aubergine), another good one is the Turkish pizza. For mains, try one of the "yogurtlu" dishes or an iskender. Liberal portions and high quality food. Service is another story: We had a really condescending and foul-tempered waiter last time, but usually service is fine.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

My friend took me to this Turkish restaurant as I was keen to eat some kebab. I have been to many Turkish restaurants in Berlin and must say it is one of the worst ones. It has a great history and name but thats about it. You can feel how arrogant the waiters are. They simply dont care about their customers and their satisfaction. My kebabs were burnt so I told the waiter. He said its the way its supposed to be - meaning: black meat.

I will never go there again as there are so many more great Turkish restaurants in Berlin. The restaurant manager should wake up and read some reviews.

2  Thank Julio O
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We live away from home (Turkey) and when we were in Berlin we had to visit Hasir! (We were invited by friends so can't tell how much the dinner cost.)
From the moment we walked in, we felt as if we were teleported to a kebap restaurant in Istanbul. The waiter especially made that possible by his accommodating attitude. The service was well paced, not too quick, not too slow. The puffed up bread was excellent. They have an oven within the restaurant where they make it right there and then; a luxury for us really...
My husband had Adana and said it was great. I asked for a menu modification and instead of minced meat over aubergine puree, I asked if they could serve lamb filet and they did...
The deserts were also divine! We had künefe and baklava and both were excellent! Of course we ended with Turkish tea. We are already making plans to go back...

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I'll be concise - the food and wine are pleasant - not memorable - credit cards aren't accepted which is tiresome and should have been mentioned. I wouldn't rush to return.