“Outstanding. Only giving it a 4 because I’m not even sure what a 5 would be.”
Review of Suksan

Suksan
Ranked #574 of 10,101 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Schoneberg
Description: The feeling of being on holiday under a bamboo roof ... The Suksan has an exotic-looking wooden dining area with its black ceiling fans and is popular with a business clientele. Candlelight, flower arrangements and a flat screen give the place an unusual feel. The Thai staff are friendly and smiling and provide exceptionally good service. The menu offers dishes such as Tom Kah Gai (coconut milk soup with chicken, coriander, tomatoes and mushrooms) and Pla Lad Prik (fried tilapia served with garlic, chilli and sweet and sour sauce). The restaurant also offers a selection of German and Mediterranean wine.
Reviewed May 8, 2018

Located in a great, non-tourist area on a pretty street off the Fulham Rd., with a number of other small restaurants around, I live nearby, walked by it many times thinking “ I have to try that” and this evening I did. Superb. I’m making it one of my go-tos. Best Thai food of all the local Thai places, absolutely light and delicious. Outstanding, non-obtrusive service and lovely atmosphere. Don’t have to be dressed up but don’t be a slob either. You can see they take pride in their environment and presentation. Just a great casual but upscale spot that isn’t a loud obnoxious scene. Menu, food, environment, experience, service, all excellent

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed April 24, 2018

We were disappointed. The food was okay. The service was okay. The prices were okay. Nothing was better than "okay." We would not go back again.

Reviewed April 15, 2018

The good food was the reason that i went to this place according to a friend's suggestion. And it was indeed good. However, I haven't seen such a terrible behavior from the staff! And the most disappointing thing was that this kind of behavior was not a behavior of a random waiter/waitress that was working there for a couple of months, but that person was most likely the head waitress. From the very beginning when we sat on the table she was stressed and sharp. We didn't have more than 3 min looking at the menu when she came and asked for the drinks. And when we asked for a bottle of water, she responded "only water?for 6 people?". This did not stop there but same happened when we ordered 4 different dishes to 4 starters to share. The respond was the same in a more sharp and degrading way. The rest of the staff was not behaving the same fortunately. However, we were unlucky and served by the rudest one. Nevertheless, we decided to tip 1,5 euros. And that was the moment when she asked me 3 times in the most humiliating way if this is the amount that I want to tip. I regretted immediately tipping even this small amount. It is the worst behavior I have seen from a waitress and neither will I go again, nor would I recommend this place to anybody.

1  Thank thanosbal
Reviewed April 4, 2018

What an amazing meal, all fresh so don’t moan about a bit of a wait its all worth it trust me. Just try it if you love original Thai Food.

Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

After a nice long walk and a little shopping in Ku’Damm, this place delivered on a perfect hot lunch at a reasonable price.

I enjoyed one of the lunch specials — a chicken “Gaeng Pet Hohn” which was fresh veggies, chicken and bamboo shoots in a medium spicy coconut milk and red curry sauce. A small hot & sour soup was included in the 7.5€ price.

I will definitely come back!

Date of visit: March 2018