“Great pasta”

Gios' Fagiano Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #1,806 of 8,440 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Mediterranean cuisine with Italian focus prepared with regional ingredients - The perfect choice for every season... In a casual and relaxed atmosphere of the restaurant taste the sumptuous menu during the day and in the evenings. Enjoy an exquisite business lunch or our delicacies, whether centered or separated at the " tavola con la famiglia" for up to 15 people. Our lounge and terrace with a view to the Fasanenplatz and Fasanenstraße invites you to savor the Berlin summer.
Stockholm
“Great pasta”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff and very good food. We tried different pasta courses and were very happy. The restaurant is in a quiet surrounding without that much traffic

Brussels, Belgium
“a classy italian in Berlin”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

very warm service, quality of food, nice choice, reasonable price. I tried the pasta, with truffles very nice. Fish is also fresh !

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank fgoblet
Malmo, Sweden
“Good food - Rude staff”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The food was very good, but the staff had a rude and demeaning attitude. A poor and rude "joke" from a member of the staff ruined our night and we just felt like leaving.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank Mal L
Darwen, United Kingdom
“Great service but the food was a bit uninspiring.”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I'm possibly going to sound a bit harsh here but as a former chef sometimes I find what others rave about can be a tad uninspiring to me.

So the good...

Lovely location in a quiet, leafy street.

Great staff - very friendly, attentive, multi-lingual, and EXTREMELY pleasant.

Great decor - very simplistic lines with a lovely uncluttered feel. Nothing jars the sense of the aesthetic, everything is subtle and tasteful.

Willingness - if it ain't on the menu just ask, so we did and they came up with the goods.

And the not so good?

The menu was a bit limited. But then in their defence - like I have already said, "if it ain't on the menu just ask". Our request was for a relatively simple side salad but I wonder what might have been the reply had I asked for say vongole.

A little bit pricey - but not at all excessive, especially in such a relatively high class area.

I think the pasta was home made and my wife felt her dish, sometimes known as "silk handerchiefs".was a little on the thick side.

All our dishes were just a bit too salty.

So... I hope my criticism isn't too unfair. The food was very nice and in view of the willingness to cater "off the menu" I think perhaps a few more choices "on the card" might be a good idea instead of the current limits. I suspect that some of the dishes will be stunning however I can only go off the two starters + two mains we tried.

• Visited July 2012
Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Amazing food and great atmosphere, came based on rank and reviews here and was not disappointed.

• Visited July 2012