“a classy italian in Berlin”
Review of Gios' Fagiano Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

Gios' Fagiano Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Mediterranean cuisine with Italian focus prepared with regional ingredients - The perfect choice for every season... In a casual and relaxed atmosphere of the restaurant taste the sumptuous menu during the day and in the evenings. Enjoy an exquisite business lunch or our delicacies, whether centered or separated at the " tavola con la famiglia" for up to 15 people. Our lounge and terrace with a view to the Fasanenplatz and Fasanenstraße invites you to savor the Berlin summer.
Reviewed November 10, 2012

very warm service, quality of food, nice choice, reasonable price. I tried the pasta, with truffles very nice. Fish is also fresh !

1  Thank fgoblet

Reviewed August 26, 2012

The food was very good, but the staff had a rude and demeaning attitude. A poor and rude "joke" from a member of the staff ruined our night and we just felt like leaving.

3  Thank Mal L
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I'm possibly going to sound a bit harsh here but as a former chef sometimes I find what others rave about can be a tad uninspiring to me.

So the good...

Lovely location in a quiet, leafy street.

Great staff - very friendly, attentive, multi-lingual, and EXTREMELY pleasant.

Great decor - very simplistic lines with a lovely uncluttered feel. Nothing jars the sense of the aesthetic, everything is subtle and tasteful.

Willingness - if it ain't on the menu just ask, so we did and they came up with the goods.

And the not so good?

The menu was a bit limited. But then in their defence - like I have already said, "if it ain't on the menu just ask". Our request was for a relatively simple side salad but I wonder what might have been the reply had I asked for say vongole.

A little bit pricey - but not at all excessive, especially in such a relatively high class area.

I think the pasta was home made and my wife felt her dish, sometimes known as "silk handerchiefs".was a little on the thick side.

All our dishes were just a bit too salty.

So... I hope my criticism isn't too unfair. The food was very nice and in view of the willingness to cater "off the menu" I think perhaps a few more choices "on the card" might be a good idea instead of the current limits. I suspect that some of the dishes will be stunning however I can only go off the two starters + two mains we tried.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Amazing food and great atmosphere, came based on rank and reviews here and was not disappointed.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great food, friendly service, lovely and quiet setting. Sat outdoors which was very inviting.