“Really really lovely hotel”

Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Mitte
Ranked #19 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Hotel fabulous, Breakfast yummy :) beds so comfy.
Staff friendly maybe need to communicate better with each other !
10 min walk to train station.
Would go back again but would stay in there sister hotel two stops away on train in hackescher markt as way more convenient location.
Had a brill 3 night stay in Berlin!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank lorsTramore
ABHBSchmid, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Mitte, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear lorsTramore,

Thank you for your posting on Tripadvisor. We are very pleased to hear that you have had a comfortable stay with us and a good start in your day with our breakfast buffet. I have addressed your concerns with the team regarding the communication to improve our overall guest experience.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at one of our Adina Hotels.

Warm regards

There are newer reviews for Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Mitte

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Just returned from a 3 night half term break with our daughter. We chose the Adina Hauptbahnhof after researching the best hotel to suit a family and we were not disappointed. We had a one bedroom apartment, with a separate living and dining area (with sofa bed), a fitted kitchen and even a washer and dryer. The room was spotlessly clean, as were all the other areas of the hotel. As in the previous reviews, it is only a short walk from the Reichstag and the Brandenburg gate and even closer to the bus and train station for the links all over the city.
It's worth having the breakfast included in your deal if possible - it was so good, plenty of choice and the staff couldn't do enough for you. Only negative was the size of the swimming pool, but great to unwind after a day walking. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sueandjason26
ABHBSchmid, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Mitte, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear sueandjason26,

Thank you for taking your time and share your positive comment on Trip Advisor. I am happy to read your impressions as it seems that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.
Your compliments on our cleanliness are great as this is essential to make the hotel rooms feel home away from home. I hope to welcome you back again at our Hotel once you return to Berlin.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

My wife, son and I stayed here for 3 nights in February 2013 on a short break holiday. We had a 2 bedroom appartment, both bedrooms were a good size and had comfortable double beds. One bedroom was en-suite and there was also another bathroom. There was a large lounge/kitchen area which was well equipped and again was comfortable and a good place to relax. The appartment had 3 TV's, but apart from a couple of English speaking news channels, all channels were in German - not a big deal but a hotel that attracts "international" clients could do a bit better. The hotel has a swimming pool, we didn't use it but it looked ok. Although you have to pay for wi-fi it is reasonably priced. All the staff we encountered were friendly, helpful and spoke excellent English. So for the accommodation alone I would give this hotel 5 out of 5.

The nearest U-bahn station is about 5 minutes walk away and the main railway station (+ S&U-bahn) is 15 to 20 minutes walk. Be aware that Invalidenstrasse is currently undergoing major and long term reconstruction, so to get to either station you have to walk through a building site. Frequent buses stop right outside the hotel, but we didn't use these so can't comment on this.

The downside of the hotel for us was the location - there are no tourist attractions in the immediate vicinity and not that many restaurants in walking distance. You can walk to the Brandenberg gate in about 20 minutes.

We only ate one meal in the hotel's restaurant - the menu is a bit disappointing very international/Australian. The quality of the food was at best average.

Despite these criticisms, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank w0tcha

Dear w0tcha,

Many thanks for your recent stay at the Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Hauptbahnhof and your time to share your impressions and recommendations on Trip Advisor. I am happy to read that you and your family have enjoyed your holidays in Berlin and staying at our hotel alike. Thank you for bringing the TV Channel issue to my attention. There are actions undertaken to find solutions in order to solve the challenge very quick.
It’s true that there are constructions going on at the Invalidenstrasse, in order to complete the tram system between the east and the west part of Berlin and therefore provide an even better connectivity.

Dear w0tcha, I am happy to welcoming you again at our hotel once you are back in Berlin.

Best wishes,

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Me and my friend stayed here last weekend for my friends birthday. It was easy to get there as it is only a ten minute walk from the main Hauptbahnhof Train station. We got upgraded from a 1 bed studio to a 1 bed apartment which was great to have the extra space. The hotel was very clean and modern and the rooms were very spacious with all the facilities you need (iron/ironing board, washing machine and dryer, hairdryer, fridge etc) There is a pool and sauna on site which was great after walking lots and being out in the cold on a segway tour! The staff are very friendly and always happy to help. If I had to say one thing could be better that would be having free WIFI in the rooms, or at least ready available WIFI in the lobby, but you have to get a password and its an hours limit. Best thing is the breakfast - so much choice and soooo good!! will definitely stay here if I go back to Berlin which I hope to do.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear jmonaslb,

What a great comment you have left on Trip Advisor, Thank you very much. It is always our aim to exceed the guest’s expectations in terms of service and the Hotel as such with all the facilities provided. What a compliment on us if we did so. Especially the fact that our teams were helpful is the most important to me. As we provide high speed internet we demand to charge an internet fee depending on the time chosen to use it.

Dear jmonaslb, I am happy to welcoming you back in the Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Hauptbahnhof.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

A touch of Australia in Berlin. Our first time in Berlin and we happened to stay at an Aussie owned hotel. The location was pretty good. There was a lot of construction work being done around Berlin! Noise was not a problem, transport not a problem. Walking or taxis easy. Our rooms were amazing- large and with kitchenettes and one had a laundrette and lounge rooms. Breakfasts were very good. If any problems they were attended to and suggestions appreciated. We also ate a couple of times in the hotel for convenience - but it was fantastic!! The food and wines just lovely!!! Desserts too!!! I would definitely stay again. The staff were all very helpful.

Room Tip: We stayed in Studio rooms with Kitchenette! Great value for money!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear AnnaAussie,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and your top rating on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and the room you have stayed in. Especially the fact that you praised our restaurant with its food and beverage offers is great as we are keen to let our Aussie Background shine through as well as our friendliness.

I am happy to welcoming you again at the Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Hauptbahnhof.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is a nice hotel. The rooms are first class with very comfy beds. Bathrooms are small but very nice

The breakfast was very good.

I agree with an earlier poster that the bedrooms are uncomfortably hot.

I didn't find the location as perfect as some posters. It is 10 minutes walk from Hauptbahnhof. I know this because the taxi driver at the station refused to take us on such a short journey (sic!) and we had to walk. I realise I could have probably insisted he took us, but I have sympathy with taxi drivers who have waited a long time for a hire and then get a 4 or 5 euro fare.

I was also confused. We asked the receptionist if Hauptbahnhof was the nearest station, she said it was. We soon discovered that natuekundemuseum (sp) station was about a third of the distance. (All be it only having one line)

Last minor complaint , the gentleman who checked us out did not inquire if everything was to our satisfaction

Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank scottie98
ABHBSchmid, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Mitte, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Scottie98,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for taking your time to leave us your feedback and impressions on Trip Advisor.
I am glad you enjoyed your hotel room, in particular the quality of your bed and not to forget our delicious breakfast buffet. Likewise I am sorry to read that you had trouble catching a taxi from the Hauptbahnhof to our hotel. Because of the proximate neighborhood we are located in some drivers refuse to carry guests that distance.
Please accept my apologies for not being asked if everything was to your satisfaction. Thank you for bringing this to my attention as this is not our standard during the check out procedure.

Dear Scottie98, I am looking forward to welcoming you again at the Adina Apartment Hotel Hauptbahnhof.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

On arrival at the Adina we were upgraded from a studio to a one bedroom apartment which was a lovely surprise as it was my birthday whilst staying.
The apartment was modern, very clean and had everything we could need.
All the staff we met were very helpful and kind, especially Awsan who worked in the restaurant at breakfast time, he was professional, tended to our every need and was funny too.
The breakfasts were amazing and catered well for every need.
I cannot recommend it highly enough. I will definitely return here when visiting berlin again

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
ABHBSchmid, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Mitte, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Gingerminxx,

What a nice comment you have posted on Trip Advisor. Thank you for your recent stay with us and your time to share your impressions. I am glad that you enjoyed your hotel room with its facilities and that the team members supported your stay with their kind and obviously funny service. I shared your compliment already with Mr. Awsam.

Dear Gingerminxx, I am looking forward to welcome you back at our hotel.

Best wishes,