“Very good”

Ranked #46 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Novosibirsk, Russia
“Very good”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Me and my husband stayed there for 4 days and its really great hotel and they offer a realy good price. I liked that i can have tea or coffee whenever i want to or some light snack so apartment is the best choise for this. The room got all it need except the chair is just one and not so comfy and as mentioned earlier shower doesnt close or has a door so its always water drops everywhere around, but all of these were just really small inconveniences for such a great place. If we sometime will visit Berlin again we will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Adagio Hotel was perfect ( and the price too ) for a week in Berlin . The apartment itself has everything you need for a short stay , even down to a dishwasher . It is only a short walk away from U and S Bahn stations and the Tegel Airport bus . Several supermarkets in the area and plenty of choice of restaurants from the exotic to good Berlin fare . Plenty of pavement cafes too in this very pleasant part of Berlin . Certainly very quiet : we were hardly aware of our fellow guests . The staff were friendly and helpful . We liked the concept and will look for hotels owned by this company in other cities we visit .

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ALISON H
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Check for the best price offer!
Plus: The location is great: a lot of different restaurants nearby, it is also the best shopping place in Berlin. The rooms are nice, clean and very good equipped, so you can find there almost everything you might need during your stay.
Minus: After arrival we were asked for a credit card for guarantee, with is OK, however we were not told the amount of money will be blocked before I asked which kind of guarangee it would be ( 50 EUR blocking could be mentioned as the first). Also we had a problem with air condition in our room, it was laud and we asked to check it, however nothing was done about it.
Anyway we liked the hotel because of its location, the room was also really good for the price we paid. I hope, the hotel would improve the service and we will gladly stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
West Kirby, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I love apartment hotels. Instead of the faintly regimented feel of ordinary hotels, your apartment is your own. Settle down, hang up your clothes, fry yourself an egg, make a cup of tea, pop to the supermarket and get some snacks for the fridge... it's a home from home.

If you're used to hotels, it's a bit weird knowing that unless your stay is very short or very long, you won't get housekeeping. You have to dry your own towels, make your own bed and empty your own recycling bins. You even have to buy your own loo paper if you think you'll go through more than 2 rolls during your stay! But in return you get to come and go as you please, never listening for the dreaded 9am knock from a chambermaid keen to get your room done so he or she can get on. Horses for courses!

Don't bother with the overpriced breakfast on the ground floor, by the way. There's plenty of good places to eat nearby. Walk the three blocks to Savignyplatz S-Bahn for a choice of cafes and bars, or head to Uhlandstrasse or down the Kurfurstendamm for more up-market eateries.

Two supermarkets - EDEKA Reichart and Kaiser's - are nearby. Save yourself some money by shopping for a salad or a light meal and some beer to eat in - especially on your first or last nights if you've had/will have a long train or plane journey. Relax!

Room Tip: Air conditioning was poor: prepare to be hot on the upper floors
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jamie G
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We travel to Berlin at least once a year, having fallen in love with it when we lived there for a short period. We have used many hotels and apartments. As we use other hotels in the Accor group and we had our daughter joining us we thought we would try this apart hotel. Part of the reason for this was it's close proximity to U bahn stations and Kurfurstendamm bus routes. The hotel is actually down a little access road between a very nice apartment block and another hotel.
From the start the hotel more than met our expectations. The booking in procedure was just as you would expect from an Accor hotel. We went to our apartment and both my and I were delighted with the large, airy and very light layout. A big bonus was the fact that the kitchen was linked to the lounge by a large serving opening which means that whoever is cooking can be connected with the others in the "lounge". We have stayed at apartments where the "kitchen" is actually in the hall!! The kitchen was equipped as you would expect and was very clean.
What must be borne in mind is that we were staying in a family apartment which I believe is much larger than the standard rooms.
The staff were very pleasant and efficient again as you would expect from Accor.
I cannot comment on the breakfast as we eat in our apartment but the buffet looked plentiful.
As my title suggests it was an almost perfect experience the ONLY fault I could find was that we had ordered a cab on the morning we left which had not in fact been booked, however, the night staff called a cab which arrived very quickly, well I had to find one fault!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I liked the design of the hotel, its contemporary style and the practicality of room/kitchen setup. Location worked very well for me, but for some people it might be a little bit too far from most touristic sites. The staff was excellent and very helpful all the time, the room was generally very comfortable and clean. I think Adagio has one of the best internet connections I ever experienced while staying in hotels. It is free (wired in the room; and WiFi in the lobby), easy to switch on and quite fast and reliable.

There were a few issues I didn't like about the hotel. First of all is the shower basin. As many people said this before in their reviews, water easily overflows as the basin is very shallow and lacks a double shower screen. It looks very nice, but it's not very practical. I stayed on my own there for 10 days (plus my partner joined me only for 3 days) so it was relatively easy to maintain the room, bathroom and kitchen tidy and clean, but it can be very difficult if there is a family or a group of friends. This is also caused by cleaning service which comes to the room only once in 7 days, which isn't enough to my mind. Another smaller issues is the toughness of mattress, it was very firm, too firm, it felt like sleeping on the floor, so I didn't like it at all. Besides the room after unfolding the bed was quite small, it was ok for 1 person, but when my partner came to visit me for a few days the space was barely enough. Also, the kitchennette is a nice addition (although it was tiny), but I would prefer having a proper oven fitted instead of a dishwasher.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Brasília, Brazil
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed for the fourth time in this hotel from the 24th to the 30th March (2013). It's got everything you need: a small kitchen with microwave, eletric cooktop, dishwasher, cutlery and plates. Internet is avaiable in the room for free (they give you a cable). It's very close to Kudamm, so you are near several shops, restaurants and bars. At the same time, the hotel does not face the main road and is located in a traditional, quiet residential area. One thing worth mentioning: if you stay up to 6 nights, they won't clean your room or change the towels/bed linen. If you stay longer, yes ... but the average cleaning is twice every 10 days. Given the price that I paid (64 euros/night for 2 people), I didn't mind ...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo