“Great Breakfast Spot”

Ranked #28 of 210 Dessert in Berlin
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Prenzlauer Berg
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We happened upon this cafe while out wandering on our first morning in Berlin. What a gem! We sat outside in the sun, lots of tables to choose from. We ordered strawberry waffle and banana chocolate waffle plus coffees. Our whole bill was under 10 euros. First let me start out by saying that we ate their 3 mornings in a row because the food/coffee was so good despite having a potentially negative experience during our first visit. Here's what happened: after ordering and paying at the front counter, we found a table outside. Another couple ordered right after us. About 10 mins later my waffle arrived ( but not my husband's) and one of the other couple's waffles was served at the same time. My waffle unfortunately had a big hair on it so I took it back and asked for a new one. In the meantime the other couple received their second waffle but still no waffle for my husband. Another 10 mins and my second waffle comes out. Finally my husband goes in to see about his waffle as its pretty obvious they have forgotten his but they tell him it's on the way. Another 10 mins and he finally receives his waffle. At that point we were not too happy with service but then waitress came out to offer us free coffees for poor service. We gladly accepted and felt much better after that (and coffee is very tasty!) We ended up going back again and again because food and coffee so good and well priced. Received excellent service on other days. Would recommend as a perfect breakfast spot.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This cafe has a lot of second hand and retro furniture giving it a nice charm. We went there with our little child as it seemed very child friendly. A lot of other people obviously thought the same. We ate waffles and they were great. Good coffee too.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Went on the 22nd and it was closed - returned on 23rd and the place had been refurbished.
Nice benches along the wall, making everything more spacious.
Had a plain waffle with sugar but then tried the one with ice cream and hot cherries. Heaven !!!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

The waffles. The milkshakes. The tea. It was all delicious, not to mention the ambiance and very nice atmosphere that Kauf Dish Glucklich has. Luckily we went at on off time so it the counter line wasn't packed.
They have cool mis-matched furniture and little toys for sale around the restaurant.
A must eat!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Known for their waffles and coffee but we had savoury crepes with camembert and some kind of red jam like stuff which was great. We also had milkshakes – Linda had the Rocher (like Ferrero Rocher ofcourse) and I had the Latte Macchiato which was excellent and made from the icecream on display. Shame didn’t get to try the waffles but we were full already and trying to save money as travelers do.