“Exellent hotel in exellent location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel AMANO

Hotel AMANO
Ranked #61 of 662 Hotels in Berlin
“Exellent hotel in exellent location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel, with superb location. The auguststrasse soon became our Berlin favourite. Rented a XL apartment which was clean, spacious, quiet and overall very nice. The nespresso-machine was a nice addition, buy capsules in the vending machine or bring your own. Also, the apartments on the 5th floor has (narrow) balconies. Overall friendly staff, some are more professional than others, but all where more than satisfactory. We will stay here on our next trip also, no doubt.

Hello Runar M,
thank you that you was our guests. It is a pleasure to read your impressions. I am glad to welcome you again with us.
Kind regards from Berlin
Corinna Schuster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
rotterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

The hotel is situated between Mitte and Prenzlauerberg close to Hackeche Hofe. Great location close to nice bars, restaurants and shops. Hotel is clean, staff is friendly. Breakfast is excellent (and free for children <13 yr).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hello dinovitch,
Thanks for the time that you have put into writing the review and that you was our guest! Hopefully seeing you soon.
Best regards from AMANO,
Komotini, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Very cozy, excellent breakfast, professional staff nice atmosphere
Nice location, which is not in the centre but well connected via public transportation.
I strongly recommend the trip advisor walking tour of the Wall. The starting point is less than a km north of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank NIKOS P
Dear nikos1976,
Thanks for the great assessment. I am pleased that you have enjoyed staying in the AMANO. and to welcome you back soon. My team and I look forward to your next stay with us.
With my best regards
Newcastle upon Tyne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I took my partner here for his 40th birthday and we got a great deal on olotels.com.
We go often to berlin and normally stay in prenzlau berg but since we were just going for three nights this place was central and ideal. The place was beautiful as were the rooms and the breakfast (and breakfast room) was great too. Amazing choice and sets you up for a day of pounding the streets. It was January and snowy and freezing outside but the bars and cafes around this place were warm and friendly too. I'd recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the TV tower
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Edisred
Hello Edisred,
Hello, many thanks for your feedback! Nicely the fact that you have felt fine here and had a great time. Hope to see you soon!
Best regards from Berlin
Hayling Island, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights with a group of friends in November. Was in a great location about 10 minute walk from Alexanderplatz and not much more to Museum Island. The rooms were great with powerful shower and all the mod cons you need. Even though it's on a busy road you couldn't hear the traffic. Breakfast was plentiful and a good selection. The public area's are modern and clean and the area around the hotel is fine. A few bars and restaurants but only a short walk to find area's where there are plenty.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pompey1
amanoberlin, Manager at Hotel AMANO, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear Pompey1,
thanks for the great review! My team and I are looking forward to your next stay.
Greetings from the AMANO,
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed at the Amano on business trip and my concern was to find a place as close as possible to offices I was supposed to go to.
Turned out to be one of the nicest places I've ever been to.
The room was just perfect. Great lighting, comfortable bed, big and clean bathroom and a nice cozy "living room".

If you like stylish, modern and good looking hotels, this is the one for you.
Great location, nice staff.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Federica F
amanoberlin, Manager at Hotel AMANO, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Federica F,
wow thank you for your nice feedback! Many thanks. That makes me very happy. I will pass on this review to my team with pleasure. We are looking forward to your next stay at the AMANO.
best regards from Berlin,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I like the hotels and staffs overall except their front desk staffs. I booked online from orbitz and on the day I checked in, I showed them the confirmation email letter (print out) but the staff insisted its not a voucher (its ... If she read the content of it)....she didn't bother to read the content ... got my paper ... Let me in ... So I thought it should be fine.

Then today when I checked out, another staff asked me if I have the voucher ....
This is ridiculously funny.... I don't know what else to show them other than that paper ... And obviously their system needs more improvement or the staffs need more training.... . Need to mention ... They had my name in their computer already ..

I say thank you when I am helped but I can not smile to you when you are rude to me.. U r in service industry , not me.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank uske823
amanoberlin, Manager at Hotel AMANO, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear uske823,
First of all, I am grateful that you was our guest. At the same time I apologies for the inconvenience! Please be sure that this is not our desire to dealing thus with our guests. Maybe I can welcome you again with us and prove you that we can do that better?!
Kind regards