“Great hotel in ideal location”
Review of Hotel AMANO

Hotel AMANO
Ranked #114 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights with a group of friends in November. Was in a great location about 10 minute walk from Alexanderplatz and not much more to Museum Island. The rooms were great with powerful shower and all the mod cons you need. Even though it's on a busy road you couldn't hear the traffic. Breakfast was plentiful and a good selection. The public area's are modern and clean and the area around the hotel is fine. A few bars and restaurants but only a short walk to find area's where there are plenty.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pompey1
amanoberlin, Manager at Hotel AMANO, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Dear Pompey1,
thanks for the great review! My team and I are looking forward to your next stay.
Greetings from the AMANO,
Corinna Schuster

Write a ReviewReviews (1,676)

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed at the Amano on business trip and my concern was to find a place as close as possible to offices I was supposed to go to.
Turned out to be one of the nicest places I've ever been to.
The room was just perfect. Great lighting, comfortable bed, big and clean bathroom and a nice cozy "living room".

If you like stylish, modern and good looking hotels, this is the one for you.
Great location, nice staff.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Federica F
amanoberlin, Manager at Hotel AMANO, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Federica F,
wow thank you for your nice feedback! Many thanks. That makes me very happy. I will pass on this review to my team with pleasure. We are looking forward to your next stay at the AMANO.
best regards from Berlin,

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I like the hotels and staffs overall except their front desk staffs. I booked online from orbitz and on the day I checked in, I showed them the confirmation email letter (print out) but the staff insisted its not a voucher (its ... If she read the content of it)....she didn't bother to read the content ... got my paper ... Let me in ... So I thought it should be fine.

Then today when I checked out, another staff asked me if I have the voucher ....
This is ridiculously funny.... I don't know what else to show them other than that paper ... And obviously their system needs more improvement or the staffs need more training.... . Need to mention ... They had my name in their computer already ..

I say thank you when I am helped but I can not smile to you when you are rude to me.. U r in service industry , not me.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank uske823
amanoberlin, Manager at Hotel AMANO, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear uske823,
First of all, I am grateful that you was our guest. At the same time I apologies for the inconvenience! Please be sure that this is not our desire to dealing thus with our guests. Maybe I can welcome you again with us and prove you that we can do that better?!
Kind regards

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We have been coming to Berlin for long-weekend stays at least once a year since 2002 and have tried many different hotels in various parts of town. North Mitte and Prenzlauer Berg are by far our favorite areas. Last year we booked the Amano's "little sister" Mani on Torstrasse, liked it a lot and intended to stay there again this Easter (2013). However, as it was fully booked, I made a reservation at Amano - the same area, hopefully the same quality.
As we typically spend little time in a hotel when in a big city like Berlin, our evaluation criteria tend to focus on the hotel's location, room cleanness, shower/bathroom facilities, free WiFi and price-quality ratio. In our opinion, Amano scored well on all those points.
Yes, there could have been a better choice of toiletries, a room could have been somewhat bigger, and the sink could have been enclosed into the bathroom (instead of being part of the room). But those things do not really affect our perception of comfort and we thoroughtly enjoyed our 3 nights at Amano.
As we know Berlin quite well by now, we did not require input from the hotel staff with regards to restaurant and entertainment recommendations; neither did we have breakfast at the hotel - so can't comment on those aspects of the service.
All said, given the choice, I would still prefer to stay at Mani.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
amanoberlin, Manager at Hotel AMANO, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Hello oleda_vanas,
Thanks for the detailed assessment of your stay with us, even if our little sister, the MANI you like better. The AMANO has open and closed baths, just like MANI. This is a matter of taste. Please, announce next time your wish. I hope to welcome you back?!
Kind regards from AMANO

Reviewed April 7, 2013

The hotel was picked almost by accident some time ago but what a treasure find it turned out to be. The welcome, the helpfulness, the efforts they made to ensure we were happy and looked after were truly amazing. I will certainly return there if I am in Berlin again in the future.

Room Tip: I was over the street and never heard a thing so I suspect all rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tony C

Dear Tony C,
Thank you for the great feedback! We look forward to your next stay with us.
Kind regards from Berlin,

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Just spent three nights in this hotel. The hotel is easily accessible by public transport. It is modern and well decorated. The rooms are very clean and very tastefully decorated. The breakfast provided a very good range of foods. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel for your stay in Berlin.

Room Tip: Some rooms have bath and shower so if you prefer a soak in the bath ask for one of these rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sandrashoes,
Thank you, that you was our guest. Nice that you enjoyed your stay with us and you have found time for the assessment. Thank you very much! My team and I look forward to your next stay with us.
Best regards,

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Great value for the money. Nice, clean rooms although my room was very small and only had a shower and no tub. Originally they had put me in a room that was a bit larger, but I asked to be moved to a quieter room not near the elevator so I could get some sleep. The staff was friendly and provided some great recommendations for dinner. The breakfast had a good variety and the bar and lobby were trendy. I loved that the hotel was dog friendly. I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

Stayed: March 2013
amanoberlin, Manager at Hotel AMANO, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Hello 2travelis2live_12,
I thank you for the review and that you have visited the AMANO. We have several room types. Some have a shower, some a bathtub, some are larger and have 2 rooms. Maybe you come back to Berlin and then try a larger room with bath? I would be happy.
Kind regards from AMANO,