“Pleasant and nice to stay”
Review of Hotel AMANO

Hotel AMANO
Ranked #114 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Hotel Amano is located in one of the most interesting and exciting areas in Berlin - the Mitte. this great area is full of artisitic shops and boutiques, theatres and pubs and bars... The hotel is nice to stay with efficient and good service.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
amanoberlin, Manager at Hotel AMANO, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Hagit H,
Thanks for your assessment and the time which you have raised for it. I am glad that you like the AMANO. Hotel AMANO is located in Berlins center and is surrounded by many shops, cafes, boutiques, galleries. I would be happy to welcome you soon again with us.
Corinna Schuster

Write a ReviewReviews (1,676)

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We chose our location first as we know the area of Hackerscher Markt has lots of good bars and restaurants.It is also within walking distance of many of the historical attractions of Berlin and also nearby public transport links.We had a lovely welcome on our arrival and the reception staff were always friendly and helpful throughout our stay.Our bedroom(130) was to the back and very quiet although we had been warned of building work going on.This did not disturb us at all.The room was very clean and well maintained with a very comfortable bed.An excellent buffet breakfast set us up for the day and again I must commend the delightful staff in the breakfast room.We were very pleased with our choice of the Amano.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank STARKEY
amanoberlin, Manager at Hotel AMANO, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Dear STARKEY,
Thank you very much, that you have chosen the AMANO for your stay in Berlin and of course for the great review. Nice that youhave enjoyed your time in Berlin and at the hotel AMANO. With pleasure I transmit her praise to my employees.
Hope to see you soon at the AMANO

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We had a very good stay in hotel Amano. The hotel is situated in between two U-bahn stations. The hotel is also very good accessible by car for which it has a private garage.
The employees are very friendly and helpful. A very nice city-holiday home.

Room Tip: We had a good room. Our children did not like the glass transparant wall of the bathroom.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
amanoberlin, Manager at Hotel AMANO, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear JanvdB_13,
Thank you for the feedback on the AMANO. I am grateful that you was our guest and am already looking forward to your next stay with the AMANO.
Best regards from Berlin

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We enjoyed the extra-large apartment, with a huge living-dining area and 2 big bedrooms. Great for family or 2 couples who don't mind sharing a bathroom. Cafe next door does v good coffee and down the road Liebners deli is superb, with plenty to take back to the full kitchen. Is convenience store right opposite hotel. The staff speak great English and are incredibly friendly and helpful. Loved our stay and would return.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
amanoberlin, Manager at Hotel AMANO, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Dale C,
Thanks for the great review and your stay with us! I am glad that you had a great stay and you like the AMANO. Hope to see you again soon! We would be very happy!
Greetings from Berlin

Reviewed December 26, 2012

My Girlfriend and I booked this hotel through trivigo and on the 3rd of december 2012 when we arrived the girl at the desk said the booking had been cancelled by the travel agent, she then proceeded to tell us that there was nothing she could do bar charge us €449 per night to stay. She then asked us to move away from the desk as I said that price was too expensive my Girlfriend and I sat on the chairs at the door as it was too cold to go outside to try and call travel agent my Girlfriend was in tears then your stupid staff member had the cheek to come over and say your not a guest at this hotel so I must ask you to get out the chairs and leave the building, you are the worst people on earth if this is the way you treat people you have no right to work in a customer service role I want more customer service in my big toe than your desk staff please do not book this hotel you will have an awful time.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Colin B
amanoberlin, Manager at Hotel AMANO, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Collin B,
Initially, again, thank you for your comment. Honestly, I was and still I am shocked. I would like to know more details about it, to talk to the appropriate people. This is unacceptable and will definitely be not tolerated by my side. It would be very grateful if you would contact me directly. Please be sure that this matter is definitely not our way of dealing with guests. I am looking forward to your response!
Kind regards

Reviewed December 23, 2012

We just have to say how enjoyable our 4 night stay at this hotel was. 2 double rooms were booked for our party of 4 (2 couples). We were allocated rooms 401 and 406 which were both perfectly acceptable. Our's, No. 406, was situated over the main entrance which was slightly noisy, but please take into consideration that you are in the capital of Germany! I actually enjoyed "people watching" from the windows, especially during the snow; which added to the Christmassy feel of our city break.
Breakfasts were absolutely amazing. There were both hot and cold choices every day, a plentiful selection of continental breads, coffee waiting for you on the tables, latte in the machines - I could go on and on. It was certainly more than enough to set you up for the day before setting out to explore this wonderful city.
Take a City Tour bus ride. If you buy a 2 day pass you can enjoy the sights on day 1 and discuss where to visit on day 2.
With this hotel being centrally located, Alexanderplatz is well within walking distance and surrounded by bars and restaurants.
Should we return to Berlin in the future, we would not hestiate to stay at the Amano.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
amanoberlin, Manager at Hotel AMANO, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

Dear jill150,
at first, thank you for taking the time to evaluate the AMANO and your stay. I am very happy that you were our guests and felt comfortable with us! My team and I are looking forward to welcome you again, hopefully soon in AMANO!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Amano is a very nice hotel, friendly staff, amazing breakfast and good quality of the rooms and the public areas of the hotel. The beds are comfortable and the rooms very quiet. Would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone. And a bonus is the complimentary popcorn in the lobby! The hotel is situated in a nice area of Berlin with a lot or bars and restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
amanoberlin, Manager at Hotel AMANO, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear mathias_nisch,
Thank you for the assessment of your stay in the AMANO. I am very pleased that you have felt comfortable with us. My team and I are constantly trying to work on the Serivce and to improve it. Nice to read, that we are on the right track! We would be glad to welcome you again in AMANO.