“amazing”

Ranked #102 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Southampton, United Kingdom
“amazing”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We just got back from staying at the amano and we were really impressed, rooms nice, modern and clean. Most impressed with the location, could walk to most attractions from here and its surrounded by shops, bars, cafes and restaurants. Staff were all really friendly and the bar was incredible. All the cocktails were so so good and bar staff all so nice too. I love Berlin!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
amanoberlin, Manager at Hotel AMANO, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear tofufreya,
I thank you quite warmley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed here in november. The staff was very friendly, helpful and professional. Was very happy with the room and cleaning. The view wasn't great, but we knew that already. Centrally located in east berlin. Has a great breakfast and bar. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We had room 420 which was great for 2 people. Quiet, but not much view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
amanoberlin, Manager at Hotel AMANO, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Hello Sauce111,
thank you very much for your feedback. I am looking forward to welcome you again!
Best regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2012

So here I am staying in the Amano - until Friday. I was really looking forward to it. Until - I saw the rooms.

I'm sorry Amano - you don't feel cosy. At All. I walked into the first room I was given to find hair on the bedsheet & pillow. Yuck. Not a nice feeling at all.

So I went to reception and asked what they can do. They offered to change the room straight away. Great. But The second room I am in is no better! Not only was the first thing I saw - an insect crawling across the sink, (ok, so Amano can't help that) but the sheets still have hair on them. And it's not mine! The bed next to me has a kind of water or oil stain. How can I have a good nights sleep knowing this?

The floor has some kind of sticky stain left on the wooden floor. when the light hits it, you can see the floor isn't clean.

Sorry hotel Amano, I just don't feel clean staying here. Pity, because the lobby, the bar & the style of the hotel is stunning. I don't know why people are saying the rooms are so clean.. Because I've just tested two & found both not up to standard.

I'm staying here Until Friday. If the manager wants to meet - I'd love to voice my disappointment. I Just wish I had paid LESS and gone to the hotel a few doors down, It was cleaner & cosy!!!

• Stayed November 2012
Hello, Sofia g,
first I apologise rather warmly for the incommodities resulted to you!
Please, be certain that your experiences are definitivelynot our standardt! Unfortunately, I could not speak you personally... Hope, however, that my Front Office Manager could talk with you on Friday and could say again in the name of the team AMANO sorry.
Maybe you give us, the AMANO the second chance? Since we are able to do it better - our up to now preserved assessments also prove this
Kind regards from the AMANO
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Nice, modern, trendy hotel. We had a spotless room. All staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help us enjoy our stay. Great free wifi, easy to use safe, and a business centre so we could print out something we'd forgotten to take with us! We enjoyed breakfast - there was plenty of it and a good variety on offer. It looked like the hotel offers much more, eg bar, restaurants, rents out bikes audio tours etc but we didn't sample this as we just used it as a base for exploring. We stayed midweek on the side of the hotel that faces the road on floor 4 and had no problems with noise or anything like that. We would certainly stay again and thought it offered very good value for money.

1 Thank K8lll
amanoberlin, Manager at Hotel AMANO, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear K8lll,
to many, many thanks for the great feedback and for your visit AMANO! I am glad very much that you have enjoyed your stay and on your next reservation in the AMANO!
Kind regards from the AMANO,
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in room 207 which was ok. Ok size but it was not very clean and shower head was falling apart. I could hear a little bit from the street but was not disturbed. If you want really silent, get a garden room. Really good and solid wifi! The only real downside was bad and crowded breakfast. Juice was downwatered to undrinkable and bread was terrible. Thought of ii some musli instead but just three options and nothing in my taste. Ended up paying for second breakfast down the street. Talked to frint desk but they were clearly uninterested.

Hello Hoppetossan,
I thank you at first rather warmly for your visit in the AMANO and also thank for your feedback!
Our Frühstücksbufet is very varied and offers something for every taste. It is a pity that it has not accepted to you. For the incommodities in the room I apologise rather warmly. This is not our standard and may not seem. Again many thanks for your open words and maybe on a quick reunion?
Kind regards from the AMANO,
Tønsberg
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Located just in the vicinity of Rosenthaler Platz, Hackescher Markt and Rosa Luxemburg Platz stations, The Amano is convenient for getting around in Berlin. Perhaps a litte unpersonal, but there is really very little to complain about. Though being quite pricey for what you get, this is a modern, well equipped hotel with restaurant and 24h reception, The rooms are of modeate size, and the desk space is limited for working. During my stay, the WiFi signal was lost, and the staff could not help for several days.I was not offered any compensation for this.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
amanoberlin, Manager at Hotel AMANO, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Toralfsan,
first many thanks for your review! I am very sorry for the non-functioning WiFi. Meanwhile we fixed the problem! You can be sure, we are able to do it better and would like to prove it to you with pleasure! You may even like to give me and my team the opportunity to establish this at you next accommodation in the AMANO?
Best regards from Berlin,
Wallisellen, Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed October 15, 2012

very wide spread variety of guest, I like that.
Pros: nice design, nice rooms, cool bar, situated in the heart of the city. Rich breakfast. Fast laundry (same day back). Kitchen in the apartment. Mine was very quit situated to the cemetery :) Frienly staff.
Cons: when its crowded it has some bottlenecks: queues in front of the elevator and queues waiting for a seat in the breakfast room. Room service restricted to drinks: breakfast in the room - not possible.
Staff is very young sometimes little lack of experience.
At late evening the whole entrance/lounge area is full of smoke from the bar.

For the price it's nice and recommendable.

Room Tip: Rooms to the cemetary are quieter :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Markus M
amanoberlin, Manager at Hotel AMANO, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Hello Markus,
Thank you very much for your feedback! I am pleased you like AMANO and I am looking forward to welcome you again.
Best regards from Berlin,