“Well worth the walk !”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We really enjoyed our meal - it was all very tasty and good value for money. Service was friendly and we would definitely go back on our next visit to Berlin.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant Damas

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I have been visiting Berlin on weekly basis for almost 6 months and I have to say that Damas is one of the few restaurants in the area where I come back on regular basis. The quality of the food always high and prices have come down by 30% or so from 2012. (How do I know - their English menu still has the old prices). Portions are big and their Meze plate is enough for two persons as a main course. Although one of the waiters is little junior and tends to make errors at times, all of the wait staff is genuinely interested in making you enjoy your meal. One surprising fact about the place is that it never seems to be full - perfect for impromptu visits!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I ate here twice and I must say that both times the food was really good. I find their prices somewhat too high for Berlin though. (We are spoiled in Berlin, let's be honest)
The service is very friendly. The restaurant is really clean and has a nice cosy atmosphere.
Last time I was there my main meal was a big plate of hummus with beef and pine nuts. It was tasty and a lot to eat but 18 euros is a lot of money for a plate of hummus...I also realize that the restaurant is close to Savignyplatz and it is a very nice area of our city with nice restaurants everywhere. The entries go at around 8 euros which is okay since it is all handmade.
All in all, I can recommend the restaurant and you will definitely like it there.
We think it's one of those places you come once in a while for a nice change (There are not that many syrian restaurants around here and surely none of this standard).

2  Thank royo78
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We ate at this restaurant twice during our weeks stay in Berlin because we enjoyed the food so much. Both times we ate the 'Syrian chicken' which was absolutely delicious, tender, moist & perfectly spiced.....probably the best chicken we have ever eaten in a restaurant, and we have eaten at some nice places over the years.
The staff were very friendly, efficient & helpful, speaking fluent English.
If we returned to Berlin we would certainly eat there again & would highly recommend it to others.

1  Thank JTJD
Reviewed May 19, 2012

All disches were sub-standard, nothing was home-made but from the shop and re-heated. Wine selection was boring. A pricey and disappointing experience (