“Authentic, Very Good”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Most of the Indian food in American restaurants has been unfortunately toned down a little bit, plus some of the ingredients are hard to come by. So it is always a pleasure for me to go to an Indian restaurant abroad.

I tried Calcutta the other night and was very happy with the Chicken Tika Masala. Unfortunately for me, that's all I ordered because unlike America, most places don't take credit and I was low on cash at the time. However, the food was wonderful.

The atmosphere is a little dated, but otherwise cozy. Seating looked limited but then again, I might not have seen all of the restaurant.

Service was friendly and quick.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Ate here twice during IFA, as someone who samples a lot of Indian food, their food is extremely good, tried a number of dishes, all were top class, so if you are looking for good Indian food in Berlin, I recommend them highly.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

nice restaurant with kind staff and excellent original Indian cuisine. very very good, really! We had hot spiced dishes with peas and rice and a curry sauce.. delicious ^_^

Reviewed April 6, 2012

delicious butterchicken, good service and very reasonable prices. For two people, we paid less than 40 euros for two courses and beer.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

The food (I ordered Chicken Korma!) was one of the best indian dishes I've ever had! The service was good and the location is pretty central. I would definitely recommend this!