“A Brilliant Hotel - Just Amazing Stay”

Vienna House Andel's Berlin
Ranked #65 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have just come back from a 3 day trip to Berlin which was a Xmas Present from our daughters they picked the Andels Hotel and when we eventually found our way there which once you do it is so easy to get to direct from Schoenfield Airport unless you go a tour like we did lol.
But to the Hotel everyone that works there is a credit to the Hotel the reception staff are so friendly and welcoming, check in is easy and we were even offered help with our bags to the room, we were on the 6th floor and the lifts which there are 6 off came very quickly but usually they were waiting there for you. The room is modern and smart a massive king size bed in which we had our own quilt, room service is every day with your towels changed if you leave them on the floor, massive bathroom with bath, walk in shower and toilet all brilliant laid out with shampoo, soap and body wash a safe is also provided in the room as is the mini bar which they chap the door every day to see if it is needing topped up and also the same courtesy is offered daily to see if you are needing any clean towels and so forth again this is the best hotel, I have stayed in. The breakfast on offer is superb with everything you could possibly want and it is from 7.30am till 10.30am which means you dont have to be out of bed at the crack of dawn to get some grub and it is topped up continually, if its not on the tables you can ask and they will make it for you, the location of the hotel is terrific with the s-bahn a 2 minute walk and the tram right across the road, which runs every 4-5 minutes . I just loved this hotel and would not hesitate to stay in it again, and if the standard of the hotel is the same in other countries then a would go there to.
Onto the Sky Bar what a view 14 floors up great service and you can get food in it as well although the menu is a bit limited but I had a burger in it and have no complaints. I also visited the restaurant (not the a la carte which was closed Sunday and Monday) I went to the one at the front of the hotel again in that not a great choice and the pasta was a bit bland and small portion considering the prices, but that is such a small concern for what was a great stay in Berlin

2  Thank 26GlasgowTam
Write a ReviewReviews (2,642)

Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I have just come back from a three night stay at this hotel in Berlin.

Pros
Location: There is a Tram stop right outside the front door which runs to alexanderpatz in 10mins.

Room: Was smart and cleaned daily.

Breakfast: Was brilliant with a wide selection including waffles, scrambled egg, bacon, bread, juice, cheese, fruit salad, yogurts etc etc.

Price: The stay for a double room including breakfast and wireless was just under £60 a night.

Gym was basic but clean and very empty when I went.

Cons

I don't know if I will explain this very well but try to avoid floor 3. Which is where I stayed. For some reason some of the lifts in the hotel do not stop at this level which is quite frustrating. The main ones do but the lifts that would be closer to the rooms on floor 3 don't.

Apart from this it was a very nice stay and I would recommend this to anyone wanting to go to Berlin. The staff speak very good English and were very helpful.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank ebbz1390
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed at Andel's during our long-weekend in Berlin, and as a result, I would thoroughly recommend staying here.

Yes, it is out of the city centre but this shouldn't detract from the quality of service, accommodation and facilities on offer.

Modern, well furnished rooms with superb bathroom suites, free Wi-Fi, an excellent self-service breakfast, the list of pros is lengthy.

From check-in to check-out; a great experience.

Making your way from the hotel to the city centre (and surrounding areas) is a piece of cake, whether by train or tram - stations/stops for both are a stone's throw away from the hotel's main entrance.

Worth mentioning, there's a handy newsagent's just over the road - good for snacks, drinks, etc. and a decent pizzeria a few hundred yards further for a cheap dinner or takeaway.

Enjoy.

2  Thank RoyWSx
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Traveled to Berlin in February 2013 together with my boyfriend. The jurney from schoenefeld airport to Andel´s was about 30 min. with the S-bahn. The hotel was great. Fantastic staff, and nice clean rooms. I did not like the bathroom in the hotelroom, glassdoors and not soundproof. But there was speakers in the bathroom so if you turn on the tv it´s ok. The breakfast was ok but a bit booring, and the coffee was way to strong for my taste.

Andel´s hotel is in the east part of Berlin. It is a bit boring here. The people don´t like to speak english, and it is to far from the city. You loose plenty time just for traveling from th ehotel to the city. So next time I will choose a hotel in the city.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the rooms overlooking the S-bahn. This side is quite noisy.
2  Thank Gla-I-Tura
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Enjoyed my four night stay here in September 2012. The hotel is located in one of the suburbs of Berlin and was simple to get to from the airport via a bus that takes you to an aboove ground train station and the train from it stops at the station opposite the hotel. I stayed here mainly because it had parking and for the four nights I stayed here I had a car to explore around Berlin and the surrounding areas before moving to a city hotel for the remainder of my time in Berlin. The hotel does have a large underground parking area but the spaces and lanes are about the smallest I have ever encountered so if you have a car on the bigger side beware.

My room 806 overlooked the street and the tram stop but noise was never a problem, the room itself was nice, not huge but very comfortable and had everything you could need except for drawers, none of the drawers could be used to put anything in as both of them were taken up by tea and coffe items and the other by slippers, laundry bag etc but apart from that the room was great. The bathroom was huge and also had a window overlooking the street and had a large tub, sep wc and shower and vanity and well stocked.

Breakfast was great with a good variety of itmes and busy but things seemed to be handled well and never had to wait or run out of anything.

Used public transport once to get into the city centre and easy and quick but if you want to be in the middle of all the tourist attractions and shopping this may not be the place for you but if you want a modern well equipped hotel at a good price with good service this may well be the place for you

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank minicooperdownunder
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here in October and we loved it. We were a little concerned it might be a bit far out of Berlin for us, as we were doing mainly tourist-y things and interested in seeing the sights and going out. We needn't have been worried, as there is a tram stop directly outside the hotel which very regular trams, which proved to be very handy!
The hotel itself is very new and immaculate. Our room was very nicely furnished and we had a good view of the street outside. The bathroom had everything we needed and looked extremely modern.
We found reception to be especially helpful. One night we gave them a call and asked to borrow a DVD to watch - the receptionist recommended one and gave us a description of it then brought it up to our room which was very nice of him! It was just a shame the film ended up being terrible!! :)

We visited the hotel's Sky Bar several times and the Sky Cafe once. Both offer amazing views of Berlin and the bar especially had a lovely ambiance. One night it was quite full with businessmen (Andel's seems to be primarily a business hotel) but we managed to find a table away in the corner and have a quiet evening.
Everything about Andel's was great for us and we would definitely stay here again. If you are thinking of booking this hotel, I would definitely say to go for it!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vicki009
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Rooms and bathrooms are great! Sky.Bar has a very nice view! Was here with some friends to celebrate new years eve 2011/2012 - Great experince. Food in the fine dining restaurant is excellent! Lots of good wines, and friendly, professional service. Reception is very helpful.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends