New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“All I can say is WOW!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Don Camillo

Don Camillo
Ranked #296 of 7,804 Restaurants in Berlin
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Texas
“All I can say is WOW!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

In Berlin for a conference. Dinner with a major supplier, originally a small dinner that morphed into 14 people. The staff at Don Camillo were extremely accommodating and sent us up on the terrace with our own "dining tent" complete with propane space heaters, attached to the building at a set of french doors. It just got better from there. Extremely attentive service, flawless food. A set amuse gueule just to kick the evening off, followed by some exquisite appetizers, including fabulous vitello tonnato, pasta etc. The options for the main course were all presented by the waiters - no menu to look at - rather the food options were displayed in their pre-cooked state. A novel and very entertaining concept. Every meal that was ordered was phenomenal - from the lamb, to the dorade, to the beef. Just exceptional. Well worth the time and money for a special evening out. When I I am back in Berlin with my lady this will be a sure stop for a romantic evening out. One of the best restaurants I have ever been to.

1 Thank Roger61Texas

• Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
“Beautiful experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Had a really nice evening here. Went after a busy day at the conference centre with a couple of work colleagues, and it was a memorable night. The service was so friendly and attentive. We enjoyed some garlic and wine mushrooms and eggplant lasagna to start, then I had The black gnocchi with scampi and prosecco cream sauce and all were so delicious. My colleagues had a tomato and scampi linguini and a gnocchi pasta stuffed with cheese spinach and pear. Defiantly a pace I would recommend for an authentic meal and experience! Loved it!!!

“Simply amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

When I arrived at this restaurant my expectations was quite high due to the reviews here on Trip Advisor. But soon I realized that my expectations was maybe even to low for this place.

During the whole night I felt like I was the star, eventhough there was other customers aswell.

The most impressive thing was the fact that I didn't saw a menu card once, everything was presented for me and the food was even finished just in front of me.

I will return to this restaurant as soon as possible and I can without any doubt say that this was the best restaurant experience I ever had in my whole life!

Berlin
“I really shouldn't do this...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I live in Berlin and for the last twenty years I have visited Don Camillo whenever I needed to make a really big impression on guests. I should perhaps not boast about such a treasure on the internet, but then...
Not that the restaurant is particularly lavish in decorum. It isn't. One could even call it a cosy place. The hit is the service of dedicated people and the yummy food. Don Camillo is not a pizzeria or an ordinary Iltalian place, it offers the high-end of mediterranean cuisine. Also, it does not have a menu, at least not one that I ever used. You get an overview of what the kitchen does on a rolling display with all the raw products for inspection. Then you discuss the way you would like your food cooked.And then you enjoy. It has NEVER failed friends who keep mentioning how they dream about this place. And whenever I would like to treat myself with something extraordinary, I go there just on my own. True, prices are a little above average, but not excessively so. Take the house wine and enjoy the food. My favourite dishes:

Algae with Shiitake mushrooms
A variety of home-made pasta
"Berliner Bratwurst" (veal filet wrapped in bacon with olive oil)
Strawberries with mustard & potatoes flambée

Sounds weird? Go and try for yourself!

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank trufflesnout
Adelaide, Australia
“An experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was one of the best meals I have had in a long time. There is no menu, the waiters present to you what they have on offer that day and the different ways they can cook each dish. Some of the meals they cook in front of you, making it a real dining experience. Everything we ate was fantastic. The service was outstanding. A definite must in Berlin!!

• Visited August 2013