“The most ridiculous service” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Das Speisezimmer - CLOSED

Das Speisezimmer
Cuisines: German, Mediterranean, European, French, American, Austrian, International, Central European
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Mitte
milano
“The most ridiculous service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Attracted by a good review we went there . Nice settings, but pretty slow service. After we have ordered we waited 20 minutes to found out that the waiter has taken the wrong order ( fish rather than courgettes cake). Rather than apologizing he went on saying the was right and repeated the order (which was not true). quietly I started waiting for the original order , but after twenty minutes I started to feel something was wrong. It took me 5 minutes to get the waiter and he confirmed that there was no order, because I have refused the fish. Again , rather than apologizing he jus said we were lost in translation. I decided to leave because it was late and I was quite annoyed. Never again

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sandro P

Zurich, Switzerland
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Based on the reviews, we went there with high expectations. And were disappointed in every way: Service was slow and disinterested, outside seating was uncomfortable, food was mediocre at best.: About 2 hours after dinner, one of us four came down with severe symptoms of food poisoning. This lasted through the whole night. Naturally, we cannot be sure that it came from what we had at the Speisezimmer, but it is somewhat likely,

• Visited June 2013
Berlin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic place for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is my second time eating at Sarah Wiener in the museum Hamburger Bahnhof and I can honestly say that I WILL be coming back a third time.

I am never usually the one to write comments on this site however having read all of the negative reviews I wanted to add something POSITIVE. Yes the prices are a little high however this is justified by the delicious food and large selection of wines. I recommend this restaurant very highly and will be coming back again very soon.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Kathryn K
UK
“So Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

The restaurant is in a lovely courtyard off the main road and the restaurant is also lovely but the food was very disappointing. There were 6 in our party and not one of us had anything positive to say about the food. The staff were excellent and very attentive. A very expensive evening for amazingly bad food.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jilly1UK
eindhoven
“Good service, but diseappointing food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

We were advised to eat at Sarah Wiener, apparently a well know Bio cook in Germany
The service was great, the waiter was passionate about serving the right wine with the courses, unfornately, the food level was not that high, there was a mix of great pieces of meat with far too salty asparagus, the desserts were also not very good : the dark choc creme brulee was ok , but the pistachio ice cream was watery / tasteless, while the cake roll was too dry. Basically a mix of good and poor performances, so too expensive for what it charges.

• Visited April 2013