“This is a must !!! ”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

Found this place by accident by Hard Rock Cafe , great value for drinks first night great hospitality and a lovely feel the food smelt lovely we decided to go back tonight , absolutely superb great German menu lovely food and I have to say brilliant prices! No one should visit Berlin And not visit here, we loved it so much we have booked for our last night, the one thing I found was the friendliness of the staff and that extra mile they go to, I know no German but they are so patient and they no more English than me German, love this place I may not visit Berlin again but I will always remember this brilliant little place and me being a northerner in U.K. Found pease pudding on the menu a definite plus and it tasted amazing !

1  Thank ali2697

Reviewed June 29, 2017 via mobile

We were actually heading to another restaurant when we came across the little, old fashioned German restaurant. So, we took a punt and decided to have dinner here; and we were very glad we did! While the staff were friendly and helpful, it was the food which was truly yum!

We had the potato soup followed by schnitzel, calf's liver, beef steak and meatballs. We finished off the evening with delicious apple strudel (they could do to lose the chocolate sauce garnish though!) The meals all were good servings and very tasty!

We enjoyed our meal at Zum Patzenhofer so much that we actually returned here for our last night in Berlin; and we were not let down: the food and the service were once again just terrific!

1  Thank Gattaca616
Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

Me and my wife were on a city break and we're looking for an evening meal.couldn't go wrong with this restaurant..staff were so patient whilst we deliberated what we were having , as the menu covered so much choice..can't fault the food or service and would highly recommend.

1  Thank Seangmk7
Reviewed May 17, 2017 via mobile

Visited this place on a trip to Berlin from Dublin found it by chance turned up off speck and it was busy good start the staff apologised for delay and offered us a seat at the bar witch we took I got the ribeye med rare beautiful juicy and right level of pink loved the lot starter and desert lovely staff great attentive without hovering

Reviewed May 16, 2017 via mobile

We went here on our last evening in Europe. They had a very pleasant menu of the day and an extensive everyday menu of German food. Two of us had Nurnberger bratwurst, which I had been searching for. It was superb. Spargel (asparagus) is in season and was creatively prepared.

The atmosphere is old world traditional German, the host comes off as grumpy but has a wonderful, humorous personality. It was a terrific experience. Highly recommended.

1  Thank John A