“Lovely traditional pub”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Unpretentious and inexpensive little pub on Meinekestrasse just 50 yards from the Kudamm, and close to the Zoo. Old wooden paneling on the walls and bar giving a "Marlene Dietrich" feel. Very popular with the locals, and for good reason. The two lads behind the bar were friendly, cheerful, even managing to joke with us in our different languages. The service was efficient, the beer and wine excellent, and the food superb. Good quality home cooking with enormous portions. Highly recommended.

3  Thank PeterandPamSouthport

Reviewed October 22, 2012

This wonderful little bar/restaurant was close to our hotel and become our "local" for the duration of our stay. Very friendly, English-speaking, barstaff. Excellent beer and top quality German cooking.

At the end of our holiday one of the guys working there gave us a little present and we were very sad to leave. But we will return.

1  Thank Gideonsmythe
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Just off busy Kurfurstendamm, this cozy place is a nice calm neighborhood restaurant kind of place. The decor is very old German, comfortable, and reflects the cheerful disposition of those working here. The food was delicious and ample. I'd be glad to come here often.

1  Thank barbebass
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Not as formal as the Krombach, this little pub is better suited to a few drinks with your friends and they serve food too; GOOD food. I had the Wiener Schnitzel -yum!
Left my bag with passport and Eurail Pass there; they looked after it for me till I realised I had left it behind and came back to collect it. On ya guys!

1  Thank HenknAnnie
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is one of my favorite small and cozy restaurants in Berlin. This place is run by a senior-age couple. The food was served relatively quickly, was fresh and tasty, and the hosts were welcoming and polite. The prices were reasonable. The couple reminded me my grandparents and the food they served took me back to the childhood times. Real nostalgia... I will definitely return to this place again when I am in Berlin next time.

2  Thank R0ma79