“Enjoyed this place”

Restaurant Zur Nolle
Ranked #130 of 8,663 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: German
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This restaurant is under the arches just around the corner from Fridreichstrasse station. We knew nothing about it and simply stumbled on it by accident. It was cold and we wanted somewhere for a late lunch. From the outside it doesn't look much but inside it's great fun, decorated in 20s/30s style with two areas, one for larger parties.

Serving staff wear long brasserie-style aprons and are professional without being overbearing. When we were there there was a business party of 7 having lunch, singles, couples and shoppers-a real mix.

I had leek and potato soup with shrimps, which came with plenty of bread, followed by currywurst and chips. My companion had a spinach and mozarella flatbread. With a 0.4l Berliner Kindl and an apfelschorle. the cost was 26.55 euros. Decent value-I agree it is neither cheap nor expensive.

Nice surroundings, enlivened by the odd train rumbling over the restaurant, good atmosphere and I would definitely go again.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant Zur Nolle

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We had lunch at Zur Nolle which we found in the archways near Friedrichstrasse, inside gives a feel for an old fashioned speakeasy, food was great, I had the meatloaf, my wife and daughter had schnitzel and chicken salad, all delicious. The restaurant is directly under the train lines so every 5 minutes or so you can hear and feel a heavy rumble as the trains ride overhead which actually adds to the atmosphere. Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

It is neither cheap, nor expensive; neither luxury, nor miserable; it is just the place where you want to order a Hunter's style schnitzel together with a big Berliner Kindl. And have fun time under the train rails and palm trees (what a combination!). It is a very old restaurant and the service was perfect, the food - mmmm, more than delicious! The staff speaks English and they have menus in several languages as well.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I've been to this restaurant on many occasions on visits to Berlin. I was recently passing through Berlin on the way elsewhere with a group of friends and recommended that we pop in for lunch. As usual it did not disappoint.

The restaurant is lovely, decorated in 1920s Art Noveau style. The service is friendly (they have english language menus if you ask) and the food is unpretentious German fare, well cooked and reasonably priced.

The group I recommended it to were suitably impressed and I hope you will be too with this unpretentious staple of my visits to the great city of Berlin.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

As two friends who used to live here coming back to visit, this was just what was needed on our first night. Good German food at good prices. Definitely worth a stop off.