“Awesome Food Hall!!”

Ranked #2,012 of 9,114 Restaurants in Berlin
Neighborhood: Schoneberg
Neighborhood: Schoneberg
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Having been previously to Harrod's and KaDeWe food halls, I can definitely state that the Galeria Kaufhof Am Alex (Alexanderplatz) is the best of them. A great selection of dry goods, coffees,teas, alcohol,spirits, tortes, ready-to-eat items, candy and many other foodstuffs to mention at reasonable prices are located here (some even from the US). This is one of the few places in Berlin that we could find American pancake mix! The department store area was also fun to look around, much to my husband's chagrin. One should spend a full day in this 6 floor Galeria (sans male shoppers) in order to truly appreciate all it has to offer.

1  Thank TallyHoTraveller_13

Reviewed September 21, 2013

The Galeria at Alexanderplatz has a small dining area in the middle of a food frenzy. We were surrounded by just about everything edible. I'm not sure just how varied the cuisine is,. We wanted Sushi and it took 20 minutes to prepare and it was excellent. The Italian cuisine was featured prominently but the table next to us looked different from Italian, All the preparation was out there in the open. Service was a bit hectic but good and ambiance, except for the food visuals, ordinary. But it was a visit to remember

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Never let down in any of these type restaurants. Always on the top floor, always have similar food to offer.

Well cooked and serve a purpose. We used this one when we were caught in a shower of rain and it meant we could eat before moving on - the rain stopped and we did just that.

Since we were last there they now offer a buffet and the whole plate is weighed and you pay per 100g - sorry cannot remember amount, but not unreasonable and included all meats and veg so not limited and in our case useful as son prefers meat and potatoes so that is what he had. Easy.

Good value, and food perfectly respectable.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We had a meal in the Galeria overlooking Alexanderplatz. The food was of a very good quality for a department store. Much of it is paid fro by weight which is a great idea to avoid waste! Breakfast very nice indeed with a variety of options.

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

It is in the fifth floor of the Galeria shipping center, by the way the tax free is in this floor too. It is boufet, and then you pay at the cashier. I did not felt down but it help me to relax my stomach. I sat on the bar also and it was nice. I think you can enjoy there.