“Service was TERRIBLE”

Ranked #1,298 of 8,997 Restaurants in Berlin
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We arrive at lunch time but the waiter's bad attitude of the waiter drove us out. For some reason got annoyed at us when we asked whether the menu was in English. He was VERY rude. When we left without eating he added "go to your fastfood".

2  Thank r f

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Read the reviews before going. Quote close to hotel so decided to go.

Excellent service even though they were busy. Excellent food and endless list of beers. Price was cheap for our meal and was pleasantly surprised. Whole meal with drinks for two was 54 euro.

Place was busy and with locals a plenty which speaks volumes to me. If there was a restaurant like this where I live in the UK we would dine out more.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

My daughter and I tried Spitteleck as it was within walking distance from our hotel. We were very pleasantly surprised! The menu had English translations, ingenious, as we don't speak German, and the waiter also spoke good English. Good range of German draught beers, my daughter had Schnitzel, which was enormous, and I tried the pork medallions with mushroom sauce. Both meals were very tasty and generous. Price was reasonable by German standards and Berlin prices! I would definitely recommend Spitteleck!

Reviewed December 3, 2011

The "Spitteleck" is a quite typical mix of café, bistro/restaurant and pub, you will find all over central Europe. They have a broad selection of local and national beers, some very typical local dishes as well as standard german menu items. All dishes we tried were nicely presented, very well prared and service was efficient and very friendly. If you are looking for a place to have good lunch or dinner while exploring Berlin, you will be probably happy in this place.

1  Thank Lexinomia
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Apart from an excellent meal (Steak was great), service was good, but thie staff in this restaurant get 10 out 10 for honesty.I accidentally left my wallet with cash and credit cards in the restaurant, and not only did the staff find and put aside for me until I returned to Berlin but they would not accept any reward from saying it was part of their job. Thant you Spitteck