“Surprisingly good”
Review of Restaurant Knese

Restaurant Knese
Ranked #753 of 9,465 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: German
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Reviewed June 2, 2016

We were staying in a nearby hotel and found this restaurant (part of the plaza hotel) by walking around the area. I was somewhat uneasy looking at the menu and how busy it was inside and out, but the lady serving had everything under control with friendly professionalism. Very good evening meal of German food, recommended.

Reviewed May 18, 2016

This restaurant has recently changed its menu - From solely traditional German fare to Burgers and Steaks and more.
The increased menu has resulted in a sad decline in the traditional German Dishes, which appeared to be pre-cooked and re-heated to serve. I had to send my Schweinehaxe back. The Steaks and burgers looked OK But my wife ordered a Rib-eye or Sirlion ( I forget which) and was served a more expensive Fillet - without explanation - we do not like Fillet. They appear to have lost a longstanding Chef and have yet to find their feet with a new menu

2  Thank northender71
Reviewed May 10, 2016 via mobile

I was staying at the Mecure Hotel over the road and this was recommended by the staff, as I was looking for some local beers and good food.
The weather was nice so I was able to sit outside. They seem to have more tables outside than in.
The staff were very helpful and friendly.
They have a nice selection of beers and other drinks.
I went for the sirloin steak, which was cooked just how I wanted.
Service was good and didn't take long considering it was busy there.
Would recommend here and would eat again there.

Reviewed April 4, 2016

We went to the Knase for drinks and the atmosphere is lovely, relaxing and very good customer service. We also, later in the week had an evening meal, the meals were excellent.
This was our third visit to Berlin in the last few years and the Knase never disappoints us.

Reviewed March 5, 2016 via mobile

Not sure anyone mentioned here, but they seem to specialize in raw meat... Excellent beef carpaccio and six types of beef tatar.
I tried a dish with 3 flavors of beef tatar. My wife had the wiener schnitzel. Everything tasted really good.
Also very friendly service and a very cosy interior.
Certainly worth a visit for a simple and honest meal.
Not sure why they rate at €€€, since they are not expensive at all, I would say.