“Lucky find....”

Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Schoneberg
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Being big fans of Vietnamese food we decided to visit this resteraunt.After a short walk we arrived and we're warmly greeted.The place has some seats outside but we chose to sit inside on a hot night.We chose a starter platter for two which was huge and very tasty and two glass noodle salads which were fresh and zingy , aromatic and very filling.We washed it all down with a glass of lime juice drink.Recommend this place for the food the waiting staff and the price.If in the area don't miss out....

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Service was excellent and staff very friendly. Food was fine - a bit on the salty side and nothing special. Convenient for neatby hotels

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Fast service. Good english if you do not speak german. Menu a bit unsorted, they should have it in categories like beef, chicken, seafood. But I had the springrolls, very good actually. Then I had curry cocunat whit crispy duck. Also very tasty but the duck meat was a very very small portion of meat. Less then 100 grams I belive. Very thine slices and not the juice cuts you normaly get. Will not have the duck again.
Overall a good dinner and the price was ok, 24.60 for starter and main and two beers.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I'll admit to hovering around outside for some time. Why? Because I'm always slightly apprehensive about eating in ethnic restaurants in a foreign country. God knows why? Perhaps I think that Indian restaurants, Chinese restaurants or Thai eateries are not going to be as good as those in the United Kingdom or perhaps it's because, back home, I know what is good and what isn't, but I'm not such a good judge when I'm abroad. Foolish, either way because Lieu in Berlin was amazing.

First the aroma of the food drew me in, then there was the decor and then, of course, the waitresses whose friendly smiles immediately made me feel at home.

I ordered lemon grass soup and a ginger chicken dish with rice plus a couple of bottles of beer from Saigon, the name of which I can't recall, but it was chilled and smooth and certainly countered the saltiness of the ginger chicken.

An enjoyable meal, some very friendly and efficient waitresses and a good all-round vibe. It was also crowded on a Wednesday lunch time. Definitely worth a visit. Had I found this place earlier I'd have probably gone back for more.

2  Thank MatthewMoggridge
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We utilised the Lieu in Berlin as it was a short walk south from our hotel, and visited on the strength of the previous trip advisor reviews and it did not disappoint.
Comfortable one room restaurant with some external tables for when the weather is fine, with friendly efficient service and well prepared food.
It’s not necessary to ask for an Englishkarte if needed as the menu is German with English translations and well laid out and easy to understand.
My baked wantans were fine to start and then the Crispy Duck Coconut Curry was very good with a large amount of duck. And with a couple of beers and a glass of wine our meals came to just under €50 for the two of us, which for the quality of food and service we received I considered to be very good value.

3  Thank Steve_of_N21