“A change from bratwurst and the like!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Lieu in Berlin

Lieu in Berlin
Ranked #120 of 8,312 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Gastropub
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Schoneberg
Norwich, United Kingdom
“A change from bratwurst and the like!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

Good portions. Relatively inexpensive. Too much "flavour enhancers" for my liking. Not the best Vietnamese I've had but don't be put off giving it a try.

Visited December 2013
3 Thank Jefferson138

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Simple restaurant, delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

We decided to try this restaurant after reading the reviews. Great authentic delicious food, friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere. Thumbs up!

2 Thank gotravelwithkids
Prague, Czech Republic
“Outstanding flavours!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Whenever I work in Berlin (at least twice a year), I eat in this restaurant. I love the flavours of the food. This evening I had the mango salad. Appropriately spicy but maintaining the subtle flavour of the prawns, yellow mango and coriander. It is my favorite dish. For the main I had the ginger chicken. Once gain, subtle flavours and a lovely salad, again with fresh coriander. Service is excellent, the house wines are good and the atmosphere is also good - with lovely Vietnamese lanterns reminding me of Hoi An. If you are looking for Asian food in Berln, this is an excellent choice.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank jcrane66
Oslo, Norway
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

No words are good enough to describe the food in this restaurant! I have had one of my best vietnamese meals ever in Lieu, and I warmly recommend this restaurant to others.

The prices are very low, the service is superb, so if you want to eat vietnamese - this is the place to go in in Berlin.

• Visited September 2013
Bremen, Germany
“Amazing food, kind service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

We found this restaurant only by chance, when we looked up our hotel's location on our GPS maps. Since we like vietnamese food, we thought we'd give it a try - and we ended up eating there multiple times, also with our friends who accompanied us on this trip.
I cannot say much about the restaurant, besides that it was amazing, in food as well as in the service department. Some of the waitresses even spoke vietnamese. We tried the fresh vietnamese rolls, the Pho ga and Pho Bo. These laters came with greens on the side, which we could add to our soups as we liked. Really loved the place! And if we ever go back to Berlin (which I hope we will), I will make sure to visit it again!

• Visited August 2013