“Outstanding flavours!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lieu in Berlin

Lieu in Berlin
Ranked #125 of 8,291 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Gastropub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Schoneberg
Prague, Czech Republic
“Outstanding flavours!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Whenever I work in Berlin (at least twice a year), I eat in this restaurant. I love the flavours of the food. This evening I had the mango salad. Appropriately spicy but maintaining the subtle flavour of the prawns, yellow mango and coriander. It is my favorite dish. For the main I had the ginger chicken. Once gain, subtle flavours and a lovely salad, again with fresh coriander. Service is excellent, the house wines are good and the atmosphere is also good - with lovely Vietnamese lanterns reminding me of Hoi An. If you are looking for Asian food in Berln, this is an excellent choice.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank jcrane66

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Oslo, Norway
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

No words are good enough to describe the food in this restaurant! I have had one of my best vietnamese meals ever in Lieu, and I warmly recommend this restaurant to others.

The prices are very low, the service is superb, so if you want to eat vietnamese - this is the place to go in in Berlin.

• Visited September 2013
Bremen, Germany
“Amazing food, kind service”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We found this restaurant only by chance, when we looked up our hotel's location on our GPS maps. Since we like vietnamese food, we thought we'd give it a try - and we ended up eating there multiple times, also with our friends who accompanied us on this trip.
I cannot say much about the restaurant, besides that it was amazing, in food as well as in the service department. Some of the waitresses even spoke vietnamese. We tried the fresh vietnamese rolls, the Pho ga and Pho Bo. These laters came with greens on the side, which we could add to our soups as we liked. Really loved the place! And if we ever go back to Berlin (which I hope we will), I will make sure to visit it again!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Orsi J
York, United Kingdom
“So good we ate there twice!!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My family and I decided to eat at the Lieu in Berlin after a busy day sightseeing in Berlin - it was directly across the street from our hotel so it was ideal. The restaurant is pleasantly decorated and you can sit outside as well as inside. We chose to eat inside - the staff were very welcoming and attentive and we were seated straight away. I am a vegan and was delighted with the choice of dishes available on the menu. The server was very knowledgeable and guided us through the menu. My meal was wonderful - hot, tasty and plenty of it. The rest of the family were delighted too. The prices were very reasonable and we left feeling full and happy. We enjoyed the whole experience so much that when we discussed where to eat the following evening we all voted for the Lieu again. The same server took care of us and recommended my meal after I had chosen something different on the menu and she had said that I could make a better choice. I followed her recommendation and was pleased I did - it was outstanding! I had a dish with 'orange dream' in the title and it lived up to it's name - a real dream of a dish! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this restaurant - the setting, service and food were excellent. We will return!!

• Visited July 2013
Australia
“memories of Vietnam”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Our last night in Berlin, and tomorrow would be a long day, so we decided to have a ‘lighter’ meal than the traditional German meals, which we had been enjoying for the past few days. We chose the Lieu as it was close to our hotel. The lady who served us was very good in describing the dishes to us in English, and the ambiance of the place was pleasant and enjoyable. I had the ‘Hanoi Love’, which was a selection of house specialties, all very tasty. Along with the inexpensive chardonnay wine, we had a meal that reminded us of our visit to Vietnam. I wouldn't hesitate to return to this restaurant the next time I'm in Berlin.

• Visited July 2013