“Authentic Greek! Really Good Food!”
Review of Restaurant Ypsilon

Ranked #5,803 of 8,928 Restaurants in Berlin
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Schoneberg
Reviewed March 7, 2013

One of our friends have recommended this place. It is simply perfect. The waiters are professional, and polite, and the restaurant itself has a nice ambience. The prices are okay. I had a warm starter, main course, 4 beer and a Metaxa for only about Eur 32. They serve huge portions of food and bring salad along with the main course for no extra charge. Truly it is a place to visit hungry while you are in Berlin.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I live very close to this interesting little restaurant in Schöneberg, and there is a good crowd every night, but the place is never crowded even when they have live music. Despite never eating there when they have live music, nor in their lovely Sommergarten, the warm Greek ambience is enjoyable on any night. I have visited Ypsilon twice: once with some friends just to get some desserts and drinks, and once with my girlfriend when she visited from the U.S. The service was very pleasant and open to English speakers and had English menus upon request. The food was great, and we had no problem filling our hungry stomachs. I would definitely return.

1  Thank MikeyK1211
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Nice outside dining. Food presented nicely. Good greek food, although flavor lacking just a little (this is Germany). Still, I would go back here.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

The perfect place for dinner if you love Greek food. Weekend live music, dancing, garden ... Fun in the city!

2  Thank alohastar
Reviewed September 24, 2009

A friend and I were on a short break to Berlin but were joined by a 3rd person who had a very difficult diet, no dairy, meat etc. We became a bit tired of the limitations placed upon us and decided to eat Greek on our last evening. This place took a bit of finding as laid back off the pavement and it was well past 11pm when we arrived. We asked if they could accommodate three people and a few minutes later a table was set-up in this busy place, centre of the main aisle but close to the bar, away from the entrance door (which also led to an outside dining area), still with lot's of reserved tables waiting to be taken we were amused but happy to have found our restaurant. Very soon we explained that one of our party had strict dietary requirements. The lady owner was sent in and offered some suggestions. The starter's filled the table and by the time the main courses came there was absolutely no room left at all. The table was large but so were the portions and we had trouble managing to keep it all on the table, by now it was past midnight and a band was setting up, my friend asked the owner what time they closed, she replied matter of factly 'about 6 AM'... Well, we were stunned, it's difficult to get anything back home in Glasgow after about 10pm, unless it's a kebab or a chippie. The music, entertainment, hospitality, service and most of all the food... were first class. I loved Berlin and when I return will have to return here too!

1  Thank Glaspark