“Absolutely fantastic food!”

Renger-Patzsch Restaurant
Ranked #619 of 8,503 Restaurants in Berlin
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Schoneberg
Riga
“Absolutely fantastic food!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The restaurant itself has a very simple but delightful interior, and the food is absolutely amazing! I had a zucchini creme soup which was delicious and the meat in the main course was melting in mouth! We were dining with colleagues there and kept stealing each others food...!!! I would absolutely go to this place again and again - just to try everything! This was the best food I had in Berlin during my week's stay!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank SigneKs

“food is very good except for...”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We were in Berlin in July and off of a Chow Hound and food writer's recommendation, we went to Renger-Patzsch. Recommendations are advised. We started off with a flatbread appetizer and it was very, very good.. My husband and daughter both had extremely good meals. However, I choose poorly and had an under done and hard risotto. Flavor was good but the rice was extremely underdone and apparently, the chef thinks it fine. The bartender and waiter hinted that this is the way the chef likes it. Yuck!!!! Gordon Ramsey would have a fit. They ran out of the daily dessert so I opted for the creme brulee. Bad Choice!!! The burnt sugar coating was extremely thick and hard. I had to really stab at it to break it open and then the custard was uncooked in parts.
But in all this, my daughter and husband had extremely good meals and portions were large. I would recommend this restaurant just stay away from the risotto and the creme brulee. Service was a little slow. The English bartender was great, helpful and had a great sense of humor.

• Visited July 2012
“Delicious sauces!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Casual yet with a touch of elegance. Very good food, unique dishes and delicious sauces. Also makes some interesting German dishes. I'd definitely recommend to others.

• Visited July 2012
“Delicious sauces!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Casual yet with a touch of elegance. Overall the food is very good. The dishes are unique and the sauces are delicious! They also make some German dishes very interesting! I'd recommend to people visiting for sure!

• Visited June 2012
Berlin, Germany
“5 stars to the food but it took a long time to get it”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

The food was really really good. Quality ingredients and great presentation of the dishes. We had the three course menu with wines and everything was outstanding.

Service was not top notch. First make sure to make a reservation, we went on a Monday night and they didn't have a table! We sat on a pub table for half of our meal and later they moved us to an actual table. Also they didn't bring me what I ordered but they took it back with no complains and quickly brought the correct thing. They also forgot to bring us the second wine, we had to ask for it.

The price was OK, not cheap but it won't kill you either.

I will certainly go back.

• Visited June 2012