“Excellent falafel”

Ranked #4,087 of 8,842 Restaurants in Berlin
Neighborhood: Mitte
Neighborhood: Mitte
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Best falafel in Berlin so far. The falafel plate is great value at only 6 EURO - extremely tasty, fresh ingredients, large serve. Service is really friendly. A great place to visit for a quick meal.

1  Thank Philip101E

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I'm not sure if my wife and I went to the same restaurant as previous reviewers but our food was awful! We went for dinner ~7PM on a Sunday night - I got the kafta (as a side note, this is as they spell it) kebab plate and my wife got the shawarma plate along with an Ayran each. Cost us 14 Euros.

My wife's shawarma was average. The taste was good and the chicken was tender but the shawarma was lukewarm. My kafta kebabs were horrible. Good greens and pickles but the kafta was basically pre-boiled and not even warmed through when it was served to me. We're not the type to complain so we ate, paid and left (when we arrived, there was one other patron and we were the only ones remaining after she had departed).

It's extremely casual but I expect that the food should be at least above average to have gotten a decent review on Tripadvisor. I don't care about ambiance too much for casual places but there was Lebanese music blasting the whole time we were seated in the back (again. . .alone).

Again, perhaps we were there on a bad night but after this experience, I would NOT recommend this place.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Just back from a 5 night trip to Berlin, we ate at Adonis 4 of those nights! Really tasty, fresh food, served by lovely friendly people, what more could you ask for! Our favourite was a plate with falafel and lamb kofta, came served with bread, salad, houmous and other lovely bits. They don't always add the chilli sauce, but if you like spicy food just ask for it, it's fabulous. The plate with a choice of 2 dishes was 7 euros, brilliant value and really filling. They don't serve alcohol but have a good choice of soft drinks at reasonable prices. We were served by a different memeber of staff every night, but they were all friendly and spoke English.Highly recommended!!

Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to go back and get another one. Amazingly tasty and excellent value. They were running flat out in a busy lunch hour but it was worth the wait.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

You'll notice that there are quite a few falafel & doner spots in Berlin :) Especially in Mitte near Rosenthaler Platz. Please take my advice and walk an extra 2 minutes down Torstrasse, past the other terrible in-your-face doner joints and go to Adonis. This place is clean, comfortable, family-run, authentic (i.e. they won't put krauter sauce or cauliflower in your falafel/shawarma :S) and GOOD. Enjoy it!

1  Thank Hayley B