“Good food, great staff”

Cuisines: Seafood
Neighborhood: Pankow (Borough)
Neighborhood: Pankow (Borough)
Reviewed January 20, 2019 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner on a Sunday evening, we were the only ones there. Note this is now two restaurants: one casual in the deli with 4 tables and a more formal dining room next door. We sat in the cozy casual area with the kitchen and deli. I had a matjes (herring) plate with fried potatoes, salad and a creamy potato salad/sauce. It was bigger and better than expected for €12. My wife had fish and chips, you can select from 4 different priced fishes to fry up and you get 3 sauces. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. We were both happy with the food. Menus in English, not sure if staff spoke English as we used German. It is slightly pricey, but we agreed was worth it.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed August 28, 2018

We ordered Fish Plate for 2 which is 22,5 EUR each person. And we were surprised how much they came to us with. We enjoyed all the delicious seafood -4 different kinds of fish plus vanamei-shrimps, and fresh vegetable salad and potatoes. A lot of pan-fried potatoes and fries as well. Waiting time was only 15-20 min.

The servce was also good and professional.

And if you want fresh fish to take home, they have it as well. Also many seats inside the restaurant.

The only thing is you can smell cooking smoke when you sit outside close to the kitchen.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed April 8, 2018

We called to reserve and I insisted on my husband making them know that we were coming with a baby. We went there eating on a sunday afternoon, we arrived a little earlier than our reservation, they didn't allow us to sit to wait till one when they opened. So we had to go around looking for a place to hang out meanwhile... with a baby.
Then we arrived and started eating, everything was going ok, nice food, good timing and then, my baby made poo. I obviously got up and went to the bathroom to find out there was no changing table, no place to change the baby, NOTHING. PANIC, I had to stop eating, went around the block asking at other restaurants for a changing table, I ended up returning home, running, to a total mess. At least I live close. What made me angrier was we called in advance announcing we had a baby, they could have told us that this place was not baby friendly and then when I asked if they had any kind of choice for me they answered No and that was it, they didn't try to help and they behaved like if it was totally not their problem. Well here's some news IT IS your problem, 'cause that is affecting your customers, so do something!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 21, 2017 via mobile

Where do I start. They screwed our order and bought out a some complimentary food which was nice.... but cold.... including cold chips. Order came, 2 cod were fine but the 3rd was totally understood.... I guess they were rushed to get our food out. Still not cooked and too many bones. Get fish and chips in the UK and go to Kos House for a Greek in Berlin.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed January 16, 2017

The fish is indeed fresh and tasty. but my advice: buy the fish and run. the service is so unfriendly that it will ruin your day. and the staff is so busy chatting that you will have the feeling to intrude a private party.
not a nice place.