“Simply the best. Guaranteed”
Review of Karun Bistro 1

Karun Bistro 1
Ranked #1,203 of 8,718 Restaurants in Berlin
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

I eat a lot out. I come from Mediterranean kitchen and honestly its very very hard to find a well made Mediterranean food in berlin. A lot of adaptation for Germans taste, a lot of tired cooking and so on. Karun is really the best food in town. Just real and so tasty. Value wise its also amazing. In conclusion, really recommended. Nice people and good food.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We were staying at a hotel nearby and were so glad to find this place - it was really hard to find vegetarian food in the area and the stuff here was seriously yummy.

It was actually my birthday and I can't think of a better way to spend it than to sit and eat amazing hummus.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I know my title puts it up to be shot down but to have an honest opinion you have to go there and try... and then you WILL agree.

We found this venue many years ago while I was tracking down a model shop in the same street. The restaurant does not look much from the outside but do not be put off by it's appearance it is small but during nice weather there is plenty of seating outside. On our last visit there were several mother's with pushchairs seated outside. To get into the main body of the restaurant there are a few small steps but these are quite easy to negotiate.

You order your food at the counter and unless you are taking away staff will bring it to your table. All the food is freshly prepared and if you sit at the few tables inside you can see your order being prepared. On our last visit we both had the veggie platter when it came it was enormous with Haloumi, falafel, houmous, tahini and lots of very fresh salad. This was washed down with a beer which was one of the best priced bottles in the area.

The staff are very friendly and very speedy.

1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have been recommended this place by a foreign friend who lives in Berlin. And boy do I not regret to have eaten there !! It's not a big restaurant, but the staff is very friendly, the dishes' portions are great, the food is really fresh and tasty, the combinations are gorgeous, I am always full after I ate there. The prices are relatively low. Whenever I have the chance to go back to Berlin, Karun is on my to-visit list ! Yummy

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Very tasty (felafel in particular are exceptional), I recommend it to everybody! Friendly staff, too.