“Great comfortable Hotel !!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Circus Hotel

The Circus Hotel
Ranked #7 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Great comfortable Hotel !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely 4 night break in Berlin staying at The Circus Hotel , we had the junior suites very spacious, lovely comfortable beds, large bathroom with shower. We had quiet rooms over looking the courtyard. The restaurant and bar is really cool and you can sit in comfy chairs relaxing over a cold beer !
We would recommend staying here for quiet relaxation on your city break !

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stayed here in December. The hotel staff were all really helpful,friendly and welcoming.The location is fantastic best to get a travel card for the day and you can jump on and off the trains and undergrounds-don't forget to validate your card on the little machines on the platforms before getting on the train(you only have to do this once). The staff told us about the travel cards and gave us a little map with the points of interest. The room we had was really pretty, modern and loads of space. The hotel was really clean, we had a great sleep during our stay as it was really cozy & comfortable which was grand as it was freezing outside.The breakfast in the mornings was exceptional, lots to choose from meats,cheese, fresh fruits and cereals etc. There are several really nice cocktail bars and restaurants in walking distance. Berlin is always vibrant and busy even on weekday trips the night life is fantastic. highly recommened

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BarbieElle1
Hemsby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

It is easy to see why this hotel is No. 1 and continues to win awards year after year.
We have just returned from a weeks stay and was really impressed on all fronts. The central location is great and the room ( a junior suite) was large, individually decorated and very comfortable with a well appointed bathroom sporting the biggest shower I've ever seen in a hotel room. We also had a inside room overlooking the courtyard. As previous reviewers have mentioned, the real jewel in the crown for this hotel is the staff. They were all, without exception helpful, friendly and eager to please. From recommendation for places to visit to simple things like always ensuring you had a drink (or two) to keep you going when they were closing the bar. All in all a great experience and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Because of its location on a major road intersection. The junior suites on the inside facing the cou...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank whuhowie
Westfield, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed at the Circus Hotel after reading all the wonderful reviews on Tripadvisor. Well, after staying for two nights, I have to agree with all of the other reviewers! The staff at this hotel was fantastic! They helped me with everything, and I mean everything. They found me an adaptor for my computer, they suggested an amazing restaurant for lunch, they gave me directions to my daughter's apartment, told me where I could buy a few groceries, and more. Plus, they were so pleasant just to chat with and learn about the city. I would like to specifically thank Hugo and Joanna -- your hotel is lucky to have them at the front desk. My room was very clean and comfortable, and I loved the decor too -- very unique. If I am lucky enough to come back to Berlin, I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I asked for a room in the back, because other reviewers had said the front rooms could be noisy. My...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank RLF90
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

We gave just returned from a terrific 3-night stay at the Circus and cannot praise them highly enough. Fantastic, central location, the hotel was well appointed in a very individualistic style and our room was large and very comfortable. Best of all, the staff were friendly, helpful and engaging and are probably the hotels greatest asset.

We only arrived home yesterday and are already looking to book a return visit for later this year! This was my 4th visit to the wonderful city of Berlin and I'm not sure I want to stay anywhere else if I can help it....

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mikebhoy74
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

After hearing fantastic reviews, me and my husband booked a 3 night stay a few nights ago. From the start the staff could not have been friendlier. When we turned up I had a blister on my heal and asked where I could get a plaster....not a problem....I was promptly handed two! Okay, so there isn't shower gel in the room but you can collect this from reception free of charge. A great way to keep costs low. I was also very impressed by the hotel's magazine which included staff's view of local attractions, from managers to housekeeping to maintenance, all staff had an equal part to play. The hotel does not have a car park to encourage guests to take public transport and with a wide variety including trams. trains, underground on offer it is not a hindrance. The breakfast is basic and healthy and the hotel admit that they don't offer a vast selection as this would be wasteful, but with rolls, cheese, salami, cereals and fruit to name but a few options, this is all you need to start your day. Staff are exceptionally friendly and we felt safe and well looked after throughout our stay. Bed was very comfy and shower fab! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple