“Good food and peaceful ambiance”
Review of Lawrence

Lawrence
Ranked #1,652 of 10,045 Restaurants in Berlin
Neighborhood: Mitte (Borough)
Description: Arabic meets European cuisine, with events and catering. Founded by FREEARTUS artists and refugees united for freedom gGmbH.
Reviewed February 22, 2019 via mobile

I found this place by accident, it was just close to my hotel. Beautiful place with a bit of an art gallery thrown in, delicious food, it was great for a relaxing dinner after a very busy and quite chilly tourist day in Berlin - quiet, peaceful, no stress. The lentil soup with lamb was delightful and it felt like that large pot of oriental herbal tea lasted forever.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed January 20, 2019

We walked past Lawrence, looking for something to eat just after dropping our bags at our hotel. The theme of the restaurant is mediterranean.
I had the Kabab - skewered minced lamb in a tomato sauce with hummus, salad and rice. The portion was tasty and the size was perfect for a lunch.
Service was good, the waitress was very nice and spoke good english.

Reviewed December 7, 2018 via mobile

Stumbled upon this place and were very pleasantly surprised! Not only was the food amazing and the service fantastic but we also loved the philosophy behind the place - a partnership with refugees, aiding them to integrate using food, art & events - so cool! It wasnt a cheap meal but when we found out about their mission, we didn’t mind a bit.

Reviewed November 30, 2018 via mobile

Family of 4 ordered 2 sharing platters (one for starter one for main). Very tasty and great portions. Excellent Lebanese wine. Ambience exceptionally good, some guest spontaneously broke into Arabic song with wonderful musical accompaniment on violin. Exhibiton inside is also very interesting. Service was friendly and attentive but slightly chaotic given it was a busy Friday night, we had a few issues with smashed glass & wine corks. All easily forgivable given the quality of the food, and atmosphere - would highly recommend for any celebration occasion.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

I pass by the Lawrence restaurant everyday when I walk to the office. Finally, I made it there for lunch yesterday. In additon to the main menu, they also offer a lunch menu for a quick lunch. I had a Falafel plate and cold mint tea and it was good. It is nice to sit outside in front of the restaurant. There must be art work inside but I didn‘t had time to see it.

Date of visit: August 2018