“High quality and fresh Sushi”

IZUMI Restaurant - Sushi Bar
Ranked #6,398 of 8,796 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Description: Das Sushi-Restaurant Izumi in Berlin-Mitte serviert beste Qualitaet und wurde dafuer schon von Gastro-Gold praemiert und mit einem Gastro-Award ausgezeichnet. Hier wird ausnahmslos auf hochwertige Produkte Wert gelegt und so kommt nur die frischeste Fischqualitaet auf den Tisch. Exklusive Produkte wie den einzigartigen Sushi-Reis oder die glutamatfreie Sojasosse bezieht das Izumi nur von ausgesuchten Herstellern. Atmosphaere und Angebot im Izumi zeugen von der Authentizitaet des Restaurants und so geniesst man in japanischem Ambiente neben den vielfaeltigen Sushi-Variationen auch eine grosse Teeauswahl. Das Izumi ist zentral an der Friedrichstrasse gelegen und beliefert auch seine Gaeste in ganz Berlin. Auch Catering bietet das Restaurant an und Veranstaltungen werden individuell geplant.
Reviewed February 4, 2012

This place dishes out the best of the best. Fresh, super quick and with a relaxing atmosphere.

Reviewed January 20, 2012

After reading some great comments about Izumi on Tripadvisor, we were pretty excited to go there for lunch, since we all know that japanese restaurants and Sushi in Berlin and Germany are not exactly awesome. We got there, the restaurant was pretty empty. However, the interior was simple, nothing which could really disturb you from eating. We ordered both Tea, which were okay, but tasted a little pale. On the food side, we had Sake Sashimi, Dragon Roll and Spicy Tuna Roll. My wife did also have a Miso Soup, which was okay, though it had rarely any seaweed in it and tasted not precise freshly made to me. Dragon Roll was good, while the Spicy Tuna wasn't even spicy and nor the Tuna seemed being of a good quality. But the biggest diappointment was the Sake sashimi, which came to the table completely diffrent plated as shown on the menu (By the way, if I see pictures on menues, I have one rule: RUN). However, if you put pictures on, then the food should look like it. But that wasn't the problem here, as it was more the quality of the fish. Which was first, way to cold served, I could swear I felt ice crystal while chewing the first bites. Second, it must have been frozen, as it tasted like nothing and was just watery. And third, sliced way to thin, so it didn't have any texture.
So all in all, it wasn't extraordinary, but tasteless and not better as any other sushibar in Berlin. We left the restaurant just we ate better in a japanese franchise restaurant in Hamburg the month before.
Tho I have to say, I'm a chef and have eaten in japenese restaurants all over the world, maybe we were just to excited and also the prices seemed a little to much for what it was!

3  Thank Enrico K
Reviewed March 5, 2011

This restaurant is good but not great, the rolls I ordered lacked finesse with sloppy edges and poor presentation. I wouldn't mind it for a reasonably priced lunch but it definitely wasn't a great dinner experience.

My tamago nigiri was clearly made some hours before and was rubber by the time it was served to me and inedible. The staff did not question why it had been left uneaten or ask how the meal was.

I'm not sure where the great reviews came from perhaps the chef is not the same...?

2  Thank Japanese4me
Reviewed January 7, 2011

I went there because my german friend told it was soo good. And I must say, I`ve not been disappointed. I loved the interior design, the music was nice, the service (could be quicker) but was very friendly, and the food was amazing. I´ve had a Miso Soup and various inside-out/ special rolls and it was all really fresh and yummy :)
So I´d totally recommend every sushi lover to give it a go.

Reviewed May 25, 2009

nothing special about the place. quick service, expect an average sushi dinner.