Axel Hotel Berlin
  • Free Internet
  • Bar/Lounge
BB Hotel(Berlin)
1,800 results
All reviewsgay hotelpainted blackjunior suitejacuzzi bathgay scenespa areatop floorbars and clubsroof terracefriendly hotelkadewe department storelocation is greatrooms are smallmetro stationgaysschonebergstylish
Reviewed August 7, 2013

On a positive note, the location of the hotel is perfect for gay travelers. The Motzstrasse / Fuggerstrasse gay neighbourhood is literally just behind the hotel, so it is ideal for gay events and bar-hopping!

The hotel, itself, however is a bit strange and disorienting. Most of the space is painted black and dimly light with mirrors, so you feel as if you are in a cave. The rooms themselves are done in the same fashion, and are quite dark and depressing. Under the right circumstances (i.e. sexual), you could find the rooms sexy, but since I was just staying Monday-Wednesday, the hotel was quite quiet, and the rooms just felt gloomy.

The best part of the room for me was the great shower - you felt as if you were underneath a refreshing waterfall! The pillows on the beds, however, were squishy and made for an uncomfortable sleep.

Overall, I'm glad I experienced the Axel, but I wouldn't rush back, unless I was invited to a "private party" in one of the rooms. :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
AxelhotelBerlin, Leiter Front Office at Axel Hotel Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear hkyd,
thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. I am happy you chose our hotel for your stay and sorry we did not meet your expectations. After all design is always a question of taste and I can understand if it did not fit you. Anyway I would of course be happy to welcome you again soon on your next stay in Berlin. Maybe the design of our other hotels might fit you more. Feel free to visit them in Barcelona, Buenos Aires and Maspalomas / Gran Canaria. Best regards from Berlin. Christoph Michel, Front Office Manager, Axel Hotel Berlin.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

the hotel located near kedewa market, 2 min from metro station that connect you to all Berlin.
also located near the zoo garden, and main shopping street.
the hotel is good for single an couple
**gay friendly hotel** a lot of gay bar around.
The Hotel is vibrant and clean. A very pleasurable stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Itai K,
thank you so much for this nice review and thank you for choosing Axel Hotel Berlin. I am happy you spent a nice holiday with us and I would be more than happy to welcome you again here anytime you visit Berlin again. In case you like to check out our other hotels in Barcelona, Buenos Aires and Maspalomas / Gran Canaria, please feel free to do so! Best regards from Berlin. Christoph Michel, Front Office Manager, Axel Hotel Berlin.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

The Axel hotel in Berlin is unique. Small by Berlin standards, it has the atmosphere one looks for especially travelling alone. First impressions are at the reception desk with smiling good looking guys wearing T shirts marked 'hetero-friendly may give you a clue that this is a gay hotel. The rooms are small but every inch of space is used successfully and black is the order of the day...black floor tiles, black painted walls but this is compensated by the extremely clever lighting, not to mention the shower room which is the very latest in water chic!!!! You simply cannot fault German plumbing. The beds are extremely comfortable, superb air conditioning means that you will not melt under the so soft duvet. The lighting is magnificent, the shower room huge compared with the size of the room but water will hit you from all angles once you have worked out what jet hits where!! The guys who work in the dining area are slick, competent and very friendsly. You can have food cooked for you if you wish to snack during the day.The breakfast, mine included in room price, is lavish. Self service but a range of tasty food for everyone's palate and oodles of fresh coffee brought to your table set you up for whatever takes your fancy in Berlin that day. There is a long breakfast window, so you do not have to rush down from your room in the morning. This is my second visit to the Axel in Berlin, the first 2 years ago and yet the guys who work in the food area remembered me which was so nice for me. There are few Axel hotels in the world but staying in Berlin is an experience I will long remember.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
AxelhotelBerlin, Leiter Front Office at Axel Hotel Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear laurence7,
thank you so much for this nice and detailed review. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay here in Axel Hotel Berlin. Please feel free to visit us or our other hotels in Barcelona, Buenos Aires and Maspalomas / Gran Canaria again whenever you like. Best regards from Berlin. Christoph Michel, Front Office Manager, Axel Hotel Berlin.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

This heterofriendly hotel features stylish minimalistic rooms, a spa on the top floor, in house massage service and a rooftop Sky Bar.

The straff is very friendly, hospitable and service minded. The location is perfect! Just a 3 min walk to KaDeWe and the nearest underground station.

I enjoyed my stay so much I even extended it for 3 days.

I give this hotel my warmest recommendations!

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Sindre N,
thank you very much for taking the time and writing this great review. I am happy you chose and enjoyed the Axel Hotel Berlin and would be even happier to welcome you on your next stay in Berlin! If you like to visit our other hotels in Barcelona, Buenos Aires and Maspalomas / Gran Canaria, please feel free to do so whenever you like. Warm regards from Berlin. Christoph Michel, Front Office Manager, Axel Hotel Berlin.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I had a very good experience at the Axel Hotel, the service was very friendly and staff was always on hand to help. The location is great for a city break, easy access to cultural and toursit locations and party spots!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
AxelhotelBerlin, Leiter Front Office at Axel Hotel Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear CamilaD22,
thank you so much for your nice review here on TripAdvisor. I am very happy we were able to give you an enjoyable stay here in Axel Hotel Berlin. Please feel free to visit us again any time, as well as our other hotels in Barcelona, Buenos Aires and Maspalomas / Gran Canaria. Best regards from Berlin. Christoph Michel, Front Office Manager, Axel Hotel Berlin.