Axel Hotel Berlin
$167
$131
Trip.com
1,789 results
All reviewsgay hotelpainted blackjunior suitejacuzzi bathgay scenespa areatop floorbars and clubsroof terracefriendly hotelkadewe department storelocation is greatrooms are smallmetro stationgaysschonebergstylish
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I wound up spending one night at Axel -- which is a very good-looking, slick, modern, gay hotel that bills itself as "hetero-friendly" -- when I had to extend my trip to Berlin because I got sick. I found a really good last-minute rate for this hotel online and it perfectly suited my needs: a comfy bed with TV to watch music videos and english speaking news and a really nice modern bathroom and shower with rain-style shower head. I requested an early check-in when I made my reservation and was pleasantly surprised to find my room ready and available by 9 a.m.! I can't emphasize enough how huge that was. Since I was sick, I was unable to check out any of the hotel's other amenities like the rooftop hottub, sauna, health club, restaurant and bar. A couple of the floors had public computers, but since they were often occupied, I wish each floor had one. The location is very convenient to the Fuggerstrasse portion of Schoneberg's gay scene, the famous KaDeWe department store, and the food vendors of Wittenbergplatz. The hotel is a cool concept and I hope to stay here again someday when I'm not sick!

Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
AxelhotelBerlin, Geschäftsführer at Axel Hotel Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2011

Dear GigHarmonm thank you so much for your nice comment here by Tripadvisor. We are trying always to give the best and individuel service to our guest. I m really happy that you had a good time with and us and the whole Team is loking forward to welcome you again in the near future.
Kind regards, Oliver Boehme, General Manager , Axel Hotel Berlin

Reviewed May 21, 2011

Just stazed here for a long weekend Thurs-Sunday and we couldnt fault the place at all. The rooms were great, the location is great and food is great. The hotel is central to everything youll need in Berlin and is easily located too. We booked this months ago have both been looking forward to travelling here and was not disappointed. Very highly recommended.

We won the Lovin Axel Cities competition for Berlin and weve chosen to visit the Axel in Barcelona for our prize and were looking forward to that even more now that we have stayed here.

One slightly negative comment though guys would be the jacuzzi......It needs to be warmer than it was this weekend. Far to cold to enjoy it being outside when outside was a little cold too in the evening. Apart from that GREAT!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
AxelhotelBerlin, Geschäftsführer at Axel Hotel Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2011

Dear Stuart80, thank you so much for your guestreview here on Tripadvisor.It is so important for us to get a feedback from our so important guest. I m happy that you had a good time with us and we are already looking forward to welcome you again in the Axel Hotel Berlin. Kind regards from Berlin, Oliver Boehme,General Manager, Axel Hotel Berlin,

Reviewed May 3, 2011

Me and my partner were visiting for Easter Weekend from the US and were staying a week so we decided to get a little extra room and chose the Junior Suite. The room was good sized for a European hotel. Very stylish and interesting design. Since we were there for the nightlife we especially appreciated the blackout curtains and double pained windows.

The bathroom well equipped but the shower tended to flood the rest of the bathroom if you weren't careful where you directed the spray. I decided to try the gym but some of the equipment was broken so I wound up at a fitness center the staff recommended a few blocks away.

The staff was extremely helpful, I can't stress this enough. We have some special requests that typically european hotels give us exasperated looks when we make (extra pillows, Ice for the room) but the staff at the Axel were very quick to make us happy . Diego and Kevin at the front desk were especially helpful.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BigdogsTX
AxelhotelBerlin, Geschäftsführer at Axel Hotel Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2011

Hey BigdogsTX, thank you so much for your kind review here on Tripadvisor. This is so important for us and also for our future guests. I m happy that you had a good time during the Easter weekend which was also a crazy & funny weekend in the Hotel. We try to bring every day the best individual service to our so important guest. We hope that you choose the Axel Hotel again during your next stay in Berlin and we are looking already forward to welome you again in the near future. Kind regards, Oliver Boehme, General Manager, Axel Hotel Berlin

Reviewed May 1, 2011

I had not been to Berlin in over 15 years and wanted to return to see all the changes. Wow, what an eye opener. The Axel was a great choice for me in that it was in the middle of everything including the KaDeWe. The design of the hotel is very nice and cutting edge. The rooms were very comfortable and had everything that was needed for the stay. I cannot say enough good things about the staff. Chris and Diego on the desk were always so accomodating with great smiles all the time. Lots going on while I was there, but nothing seemed to ruffle their great spirits. If one likes to party in the neighborhoood, home is only a few steps away after all the great beer. Lots of great restaurants within one block of Axel. I look forward returning to the Axel on my next trip to Berlin!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends

Dear ATLluxury, thank you so much for your nice review here on Tripadvisor. I m happy that you choose after 15 years the Axel Hotel in Berlin and had so a good time with us. It is always so important for us to get a feedback from our guest a positive one like yours makes everything better and show us on the same time that we are on the right way.
We are all looking forwrad to welcome you again in the near future.
Kind regards

Reviewed April 26, 2011

This hotel is great, centrally located, very clean well appointed rooms and delicious breakfast. I was travelling alone first time on Berlin (my friend who had been before had to cancel at the last minute) and was unsure about how to get the best out of my time. I got into the hotel after 22.00hrs and the friendly face on the desk Frank Frodermann was really helpful, I explained my situation, he took time to find out what I was interested in doing and really made sure he was available to chat and let me know the inside Berliner's knowledge throughout my 4 day stay. The rest of the staff were friendly and I cannot recommend this place enough. I had a ball in Berlin and got really well looked after at the Axel Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
AxelhotelBerlin, Geschäftsführer at Axel Hotel Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2011

Dear georgeaboyd, thank you so much for your nice review here on Tripadvisor. We are happy that we reach our goal to managed a perfect individual Guestservice for our so important clients.
We hope this was not your last Trip to Berlin and we hope to welcome you as soon as possible in the Axel Hotel Berlin.
Kind regards, Oliver Boehme, General Manager, Axel Hotel Berlin