2 people are viewing this hotel
Booking.com$91
Hotels.com$89
travelup.com$103
1,738 results
All reviews small kitchenette excellent location kettle stylish cafes
Selected filters
Reviewed July 10, 2017

I stayed in this hotel earlier in June to attend a wedding hosted nearby. The location is very convenient for fist time visitors to Berlin and the hotel and amenities are nice, rooms big and comfortable.
However, after returning home to London, I realised I had forgotten an expensive bottle of cologne in my room and flagged this the same day to the hotel. They said they had no record of any items having been found by housekeeping. I asked for housekeeping to contact me but they never did. Friends who were still at the hotel also asked but were given the same answer. Given the cologne could only have been in my room it is clear that it was stolen by housekeeping and not reported. Therefore it is further clear that your personal belongings are not safe in this hotel so I would be very cautious staying there.

1  Thank Peter S
sebastian-oemer, Leiter Front Office at ARCOTEL John F Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to rate your stay with us. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and your feedback is extremely important to us. I am very sorry that we could not fully meet your expectations. I apologize and assure you that I will personally track the matter with my responsible team. I hope that you will nevertheless give us the opportunity to welcome you once again and to convince you of our service.
Best regards,
Christopher Hiller
Front Office Manager

Reviewed July 4, 2017

So well located, bus outside drops you at the Wall Gallery (East side). Cross the street and you're whisked to the Hauptbahnhof in 15-20 minutes. All buses are on time, not crowded and not expensive. Ditto the trams. Quiet area but close proximity to lots of good restaurants. Rooms very comfortable, just as shown in the photos. Breakfasts are very good with plenty of choice for everyone. There are places not too far away where you can buy breakfast if you're on a budget. Reception staff helpful and friendly and speak lots of languages. Would stay there again if we were to return to Berlin.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2017

The Arcotel John F is a lovely place to stay in Berlin, it is centrally located close to underground station and in a quiet area. It was very good value for money with a lovely restaurant which caters for vegetarian's as well as meat eaters. The room was very well appointed with a comfortable bed and excellent shower room. The staff were welcoming and friendly as were the cleaning ladies. Very environmentally friendly and a display in the reception area on the importance of saving bees. Would certainly stay there again.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 27, 2017

Location of this hotel is perfect - in the center of the city, about 5 min walk to the Museum Island. A bus stop to Tegel airport is also 5 min away. Shopping area is about 10 min away and it will take you 15-20 min to go to the Brandenburg gate or Alexanderplatz.
The staff at the reception was very slow, expecially the girls, there were many people waiting in the line, but they hardly seemed to move. There was only one tall guy with a small beard that was really helpful (thanks a lot!), others might need to work on it.
They also charged me 30 euros per night in advance in case I would use anything from the mini-bar. Why? Does any hotel still do that? Usually you get charged afterwards, if you really use something, but not before!
The room was interesting. I've had a top floor corner room with a panoramic view, so, there were a lot of windows, which usually is a good thing for me. But I wasn't prepaired not to have a bathroom as a separate room (only toilet was behind the door), with a shower with a glass door right in front of the window. Maybe it is very modern, but I prefer having a shower in a more private space.
The bed was good and situated in the middle of the room with a desk right behind it. This solution looked nice. I especially enjoyed a big rocking chair by the window as the view on the Berliner Dome was great. The room also had a safe, an air conditioning, a fridge and a good wifi. So, apart from the bathroom, it was nice.
The breakfast was overall good, but nothing special - the same things as everywhere. Very small glasses for juice, it's ok, I took three of them.
I would recommend this hotel for a business stay, but don't forget to close the window curtains before going to shower.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed here for three nights. The location of the hotel was great - very close to museum island, a metro stop that connected you to the city, and walkable to all major areas of the city if you wanted to do so. For the price we paid, the value was outstanding, and our room was spacious with a kitchenette to keep our beer cold. We opted out of breakfast at the hotel, but there is a great breakfast place around the corner called Chipps! Overall, would highly recommend this hotel as a base for a stay in Berlin. It's modern, clean, and the staff were friendly.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank SHAYNASM