2 people are viewing this hotel
$91
Free cancellation until 12/10/21
$88
Free cancellation until 12/09/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Destinia.com
$78
Free cancellation until 12/08/21
Official Hotel Site$94
Hotels.com$91
travelup.com$113
1,738 results
All reviews small kitchenette excellent location kettle stylish cafes
Selected filters
Reviewed May 30, 2017

I stayed here for the bank holiday weekend in May with 3 friends. The hotel was spotless, beds were comfortable, decor was quirky, saunas on the top floor were an added bonus after spending the day sightseeing and the location was great. The restaurant "Chipps" was behind the hotel and I would highly recomend this place for breakfast, if you like Thai Food "Goodtime" was within 2 minutes of the hotel and the food was amazing.

Room tip: Get a room at the rear, it overlooks a plaza and was really quiet.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 25, 2017 via mobile

I did a family trip around Germany and the hotels were prebooked for us as included in the price. This was one of the hotels booked for us and it was by far the best one we stayed at. It's centrally located to a lot of points of interest you can walk to easily. The rooms were beautiful and comfortable. Everything was great and I definitely recommend this hotel!

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2017

It's an added plus for a hotel in Berlin to have a 3 great saunas [radient heat and steam]. There is also a very adequate fitness room that guests can use.

The location in the Mitte district of Berlin was fantastic, as we were able to walk within 20 minutes or so, to almost all the major sights. Brandenburg gate, Alexanderplatz, Check point Charlie and the u-bahn tube station.
Don't be afraid to use the excellent transportation systems in Berlin ... everyone is most helpful.
Although in a great position, we were surprised to find almost no grocery or variety type stores in the immediate area.

The Buffet breakfast is just as you would expect from a business man's hotel.
The selection was excellent, and another nice touch are the free apples which are to be found all over the hotel. However, not such a nice touch ... the bottled water was not free.

We had a Superior room on the 6th floor. The view was of the Church and the Dome, and we loved it. The room was very quiet with no outside noise.
Our room although adequately sized, had absolutely no drawer space, although an in-room safe was available! [as were robes and slippers]

The bed was super comfortable with an unusual duvet system. We had 2 single duvets over a queen size bed. It was easy to cool off, if one person was too hot. Worked well!
Unfortunately the hotel only has feather pillows ... not good for allergies!

The staff were very friendly, obliging and helpful, especially one young lady at the reception desk. Her name was Maidelys, and her morning smile started your day off well!

As always, of course, there are a few negatives:

The washroom was ridiculously small with only one small sink that made it impossible for 2 people to 'wash up' at once.
The bath mat was a little bigger than a face cloth, obviously to suit the size of the washroom.

The hotel, unlike almost every other Berlin Hotel, will not book tickets for museums or concerts for their guests.

The shower was a double size shower, but it lacked a 'rain head', which made showering a little more difficult for one person, and impossible for two.

The curtains have obviously shrunk from washing or cleaning, and as a result they don't completely cover the windows, thus making the room completely dark, a chore.

Lastly the only newspapers offered by the hotel are both in German. It might have been a simple touch to have an English newspaper also.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2017

Arcotel double book their rooms and then bump you to a sister hotel further out of the centre.
Be warned.
Booked the hotel online 3months before the date of my stay and received written confirmation of the booking. I emailed the hotel 4 weeks before the date and confirmed the booking. When I got there at 8.00pm on the day of my stay I was told my room had been double booked and I was being offered a room in a lower class hotel 5km out of the Centre. When I refused I was told to take the room or take a cash refund but either way there was no room for me. Like I said , Are you really sure ?
Oh by the way, Arcotel have refused to engage with me in respect of my complaint. You decide.

Room tip: If you want to make certain of a room, don't stay here.
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank nkosi3113
sebastian-oemer, Leiter Front Office at ARCOTEL John F Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to rate your stay with us. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and your feedback is extremely important to us. I am very sorry that we could not fully meet your expectations. I apologize and assure you that I will personally track the matter with my responsible team. I hope that you will nevertheless give us the opportunity to welcome you once again and to convince you of our service.
Best regards,
Christopher Hiller
Front Office Manager

Reviewed May 7, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights the price was good for the room we were given. Plenty of space and well furnished. Staff was friendly and helpful.

The location is great. You are near Unter den Linden, Brandenburger Tor, Alexanderplatz etc. also a tube station nearby, and that gives plenty of opportunities as Berlin has great public transport.

Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yeroonnn